New Dyno Numbers for The Graphie 02 GTS

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, Which high flow cats are you running and if you have a cat back installed what is it? Thanks

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, only 23HP and 7TQ for TD rockers, Bellanger Headers and flywheel.

My car with Corsa, no cats, VEC1 dynoed 437RWHP and 480RWTQ. And that was with VEC1 set on 0.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No my car came from a dealer with Corsa and K&N and dynoed 430RWHP and 468RWTQ with only 1500 miles. The seconf dyno was done when the car was heat soaked at 120 deg weather. I will dyno it in a week and post the numbers here. Also taking the cats made my car run very rich and I think that I have it tunned right now with VEC1.

OP
OP
M

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow dablo, those are some mighty impressive dyno numbers for a "heat soaked" motor that was running "rich".

What's your trap speed?

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those numbers are about what you should expect from any header, cat combo. I am not a firm beleiver in high flow cats. The richness is caused by the roller rockers. Improvements will come form either if you can find a Mopar race computer or I have found better drivability by using a 1998 computer in a 2002 car.

If any car with cats does more that 450 rwhp it is unusual with out cats sure. the first 30 hp is easy to get it gets harder and more expensive as you go up.

My tests have found most cars with headers, factory cats, and a cat back system yield 445 hp roughly, TD rockers add 5 hp depending on which computer is in the car. Cat removal will put you over the 450 hp but you smell like ****.

Ported and polished heads will bring you up to the 500 hp area again with cats. And a cam will add 20 to 40 hp depending on cam profile.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Improvements will come form either if you can find a Mopar race computer or
I have found better drivability by using a 1998 computer in a 2002 car.

Mike, do you have any 98 computers for my 2001? if so how much?
thanks
JIM

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished installing the TD rockers, Bellanger Headers, high flow cats, Flywheel and Vec 1 today and the numbers are as follows :
451.8 Horsepower and 487 Ft. Lbs torque I am still messing with the Vec 1 and will be able to run at track next month.
I was going to post with just the headers but the dyno was booked and I was anxious to drive it.
Next will be the Supercharger.

Chris.
I think these #s should go up when the computer gets a few miles for the relearn ;)
As far as Eldiablo's #s those are some big #s for the modds he has and prob only gotten better :eek: I hope my car dynoes that strong with just corsas and k&n's too :)