New guy, first Viper, saying hello.

Brian Paddock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a proud new owner of a 98 silver on black GTS. I really wasn't looking to buy a Viper, but after looking at other sports cars and not finding what I wanted one of my good friends (Jerry Dobson) said to me "Why don't you just get a Viper." So I perused the classified section on Viper Club and came across a silver on black 98 GTS with 3,800 miles. The car was located just a couple hours away from me so Jerry and I went and checked the car out... I mean, I watched as Jerry checked the car out. After Jerry gave me his approval of the car, the following weekend we went back and picked the car up and dropped off a check. Couldn't be more pleased with the purchase, just love the car.

Brian Paddock

You must be registered for see images

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Either that is a model in the picture or one hell of a take on it! Just point it straight when you hit the furtherst pedal to the right...

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have the same Viper as me! Got mine in beginning of December. I just hit 20k miles. I just upgraded my shifter to the '99 style, looks and feels much better. Drive it as much as possible!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the beautiful Viper and join the KCVCA. They're a pretty fun group over there in the western part of the state!

Reaction score
Congratulations and Welcom to the Viperholics of America.

http://norcal.viperclub.org/event_detail.php?event=1106001337

Take it easy with the go juice as the massive torque will facilitate massive oversteer if asked to do so. If you have the need for acceleration make sure the road is clear (no cars, cold tires, cold road, debris water, oil, etc) and the fromt wheels straight. Take it easy with on ramps a quick brake application will plant the front wheels lighted threat and you better be ready and feel it coming or say good by. The performance is very good and needs to be respected and controlled.

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brian - welcome. I just got my first Viper a few months ago and still can't wait everytime I drive it. :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. I have had my '98 GTS for a couple months and love it more than any car I have owned. It never fails to bring a smile to me and also everybody who see's it. Be prepared for some attention!

Only 3800 miles on a '98??? Geez it must have been used once a year :)

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the dark side. ;) ;)

If the tires are original consider replacing them. Replace the fluids especially the brake fluid. Read up on how to properly close the hood.

Get a Valentine 1-it will save you LOTS of money!!!

Kiss you check book good bye and let the mods begin :) :)

Bill

OP
OP
B

Brian Paddock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and all the advice. I have been very careful driving the car in the cold weather. I don't want to be that guy that buys sports car with big horsepower and torque and puts it into a ditch. I do plan on attending Viper Days at MAM in May.

Brian Paddock

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, sweet asp ride, did it come this way? I mean no stripes? did you check for outstanding recalls?? You will be very happy with your purchase, will be hard to remove the smile on your face for hours after driving....

Venom500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got my first Viper a few months ago and am always excited every time I drive it. It has been in hibernation now for a couple of months and I just can't stand it. :crazy: :crazy:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a very nice looking car. I'd like to get one like it.

Drive with care, as some of the guys have been telling you.
And there's one more thing...

Don't ever let anyone else drive your car. Lots of wrecked cars because of rookies wanting to punch it when the owner lets them "see what it's like to drive a Viper".

Welcome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960