New Owner San Antonio

dsmith658

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won a bringatrailer auction for my childhood dream car. I went ahead and joined the club here... I am coming from the racing world with my previous car being a twin turbo Mustang which I raced in Rocky Mountain Race Week a few times, among other random track occasions.

With that being said I bought this car to be a driver and knowing myself, and after a few test drives will want a lot more power. I researched on google and found a number of vendors near me, but it's hard to know who are crooks and who are the real deal. I had high hopes after seeing RSI's website but then I came to the forums and you all know what I found. Calvo seems like they'd be a great option but it doesn't look like they do a lot of gen 2 stuff. Recommendations for a fella to get started?

Dave

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Congrats on the car! RSI does seem like a mixed bag from what I've heard around here as well. I think they are still doing stuff as they were one of the first gen 5 turbo builds I thought (though I'm probably wrong there), but yeah, seems kind of hit and miss with them. I've only ever heard of monster builds from Calvo, but I guess that depends what you're looking for. Maybe they do mild to wild and you only ever hear about the crazy stuff. From the few videos I've seen though their ultimate horsepower builds seem to be one lap wonders, which again, depending on the racing you are doing may be exactly what you want.

chadmick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jumping in on this post as I'm in the same situation. Just got a new Gen 2 and am looking for someone reliable in San Antonio as well. Did you find someone?

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're willing to Transport your Car to So. Ca I would highly recommend reaching out to Todd Abrams of A&C Performance 951-696-0500.
He's the REAL DEAL & can arrange his contact to safely pick-up & return your Viper.