New Port Richey, FL Crash

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hudson woman dies after three-car crash: police

NEW PORT RICHEY - Police are investigating a three-car crash that killed a 72-year-old Hudson woman Friday.

Myrtle Knowles Sigmon was pronounced dead at the scene at the 7100 block of U.S. 19 at about 4 p.m.

Sigmon was heading north on U.S. 19 when her 1995 Saturn collided with a 1994 Dodge Viper driven by David Wilson Smith, 56, of New Port Richey.

That crash sent Sigmon's car over the median and into the path of a 2002 Jeep Liberty driven by Barbara Waters, 54, of New Port Richey.

The investigation is continuing.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The report doesnt say whos fault it was though. Did SHE cause the wreck or did the Viper lose control and hit her?

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it said "her car collided" not sure it that is a hit that the viper was not at fault :dunno: i am sure more details will soon follow

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it said "her car collided" not sure it that is a hit that the viper was not at fault :dunno: i am sure more details will soon follow

Yeah, thats why I asked. Its worded as if it were her fault, but that doesnt necessarily mean she caused the wreck.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow check out my AKA “engrish” on my last post, let me clean that up for everyone :rolaugh: **** it said “her car collided” not sure if that means she’s the one that hit and the viper was not at fault”:dunno: I am sure more details will soon follow ****

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it but it sounds like the Viper pushed the saturn over the median into the path of the Jeep.

Investigators said Myrtle Knowles Sigmon, 72, of Hudson was headed northbound in the left lane in a Saturn while David Wilson Smith, 56, of New Port Richey and was driving a Dodge Viper in the center lane.

The cars collided, and Sigmon's Saturn was sent over the median and into the southbound lanes.

The Saturn was then struck by a 2002 Jeep Liberty driven by Barbara Waters, 54, of New Port Richey that was traveling southbound in the left lane.

Sigmon was pronounced deceased at the scene of the crash.

The guy in the Viper is also dead.

Man dies in three-car accident in New Port Richey

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it but it sounds like the Viper pushed the saturn over the median into the path of the Jeep.

Investigators said Myrtle Knowles Sigmon, 72, of Hudson was headed northbound in the left lane in a Saturn while David Wilson Smith, 56, of New Port Richey and was driving a Dodge Viper in the center lane.

The cars collided, and Sigmon's Saturn was sent over the median and into the southbound lanes.

The Saturn was then struck by a 2002 Jeep Liberty driven by Barbara Waters, 54, of New Port Richey that was traveling southbound in the left lane.

Sigmon was pronounced deceased at the scene of the crash.

The guy in the Viper is also dead.

Man dies in three-car accident in New Port Richey

There is nothing that indicates who is at fault. A dog could have run into the street and someone overcorrected instead of just running over the dog. Or being Florida it could have been another idiot pedestrian using the street as a sidewalk. Amazing how often that happens down here. 19 is one of the most dangerous roads in Florida.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing that indicates who is at fault. A dog could have run into the street and someone overcorrected instead of just running over the dog. Or being Florida it could have been another idiot pedestrian using the street as a sidewalk. Amazing how often that happens down here. 19 is one of the most dangerous roads in Florida.

I Didn't say who was at fault. :dunno: Just that the description of the lane positioning and directions being traveled would give the impression that the Viper may have pushed the Saturn in to the oncoming lane.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see where the Viper driver (Smith) died - I saw that the Saturn driver died... does anyone have another link?

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't see where the Viper driver (Smith) died - I saw that the Saturn driver died... does anyone have another link?

It doesn't specifically say the Viper driver died, but say "a man died" and he was the only male in the accident

A man died as a result of the injuries he sustained from a car accident in New Port Richey on Friday afternoon.

OP
OP
V

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm betting that is an editor's error, since the woman's last name is similar to a man's first name (Sigmon). They kept referring to her by last name, so it could be an easy mistake.