New Sound System for Viper

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade the existing sound system and Stereo in my 01 RT. I would like to get a CD, Navigation, and all new Speakers Any suggestions....

Thanks

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waste of money. Vipers intrinsically have horrible acoustics especially the RT/10. If you want a better sound system buy headers and leave the rear glass out.

F

FrgMstr

This is my current setup. No Nav (use my phone) no CD (what are these "CDs" you speak of?) and I do have a EQ in the system as well that is not on the specs.

Put these Focal 165 KRX2 in my doors and dash.

2 way driver kit 165 KRX2 - Focal Car Audio speakers

You must be registered for see images

Put this 8" short throw JL Audio 8W3v3-4 sub in the floorboard of the passenger seat in a custom box. (Wife is 5' tall. YMMV.)

JL Audio 8W3v3 Subwoofers - Car Audio Subwoofers

Using this Alpine head unit, or rather the iDA-X305S digital music receiver. Cool if you have an iphone, you can stream Pandora.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Pushing it all with this JL Audio HD900/5 900 watt amp.

JL Audio HD900/5 Amplifiers - Car Audio Amps & Amplifiers

Sounds like you are sitting 7th row center at Carnegie Music Hall.

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waste of money. Vipers intrinsically have horrible acoustics especially the RT/10. If you want a better sound system buy headers and leave the rear glass out.

You know you make a very good point

Thanks

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any car can be tuned to sound great. It's all in the tuning. Even though it may have terrible acoustics you can adjust the frequencies to compensate. Try listening to a sound quality competition car. They will blow you away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang