NEW: SRT VIPER GEN 5 - GEN 4 RACE HEADERS BBG STYLE (Teaser Photos)

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also be curious as to how much difference there is between the OEM Gen 4 exhaust that was used, and the OEM Gen 5 exhaust.

According to Dick Winkles they gained between 5 to 10 HP from exhaust improvements, plus cam, plus intake, plus more aggressive tuning to get to the G5's 640 HP.. From my understanding the exhaust manifolds are identical, just manufactured by a different vendor..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Chrysler's testing Dyno our ACR-X headers made between 640 - 650 crank HP..

I would be curious how they would compare on this engine?

Stock mani/cats
615.4 HP @ 6200 rpm
553.9 TRQ @ 5000 rpm

BBG Shorty Race
701 HP @ 6300 rpm
627 TRQ @ 5200 rpm

Really what I am looking for is difference between ARH and Shorty Race on the same engine, be it stock or the Penske. Are you saying BBG Shorty Race are worth 50hp more than the ARH?

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you test the long tube headers also?

Yes I did.. During are initial Dyno runs it became obvious that the Viper's PCM would not support our power potential (custom tuning is required).. We basically had to scrap the runs because the engine ran to lean. Interesting enough which all at the Dyno testing were impressed with was at 3000 rpm we made over 80 lbs or torque over stock.. So with custom calibration, cylinder head / intake work, high lift camshafts, higher compression ratio's our GTS-R headers should make some serious HP!

We'll be doing more Dyno testing soon on our new DynoJet 224X chassis dyno with our new engines!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did.. During are initial Dyno runs it became obvious that the Viper's PCM would not support our power potential (custom tuning is required).. We basically had to scrap the runs because the engine ran to lean. Interesting enough which all at the Dyno testing were impressed with was at 3000 rpm we made over 80 lbs or torque over stock.. So with custom calibration, cylinder head / intake work, high lift camshafts, higher compression ratio's our GTS-R headers should make some serious HP!

We'll be doing more Dyno testing soon on our new DynoJet 224X chassis dyno with our new engines!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

Great work was this a stock or Mopac PCM used for testing. Also how lean did the motor run on the long tube and what kind of afr's on the shorty's

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be curious how they would compare on this engine?

Stock mani/cats
615.4 HP @ 6200 rpm
553.9 TRQ @ 5000 rpm

BBG Shorty Race
701 HP @ 6300 rpm
627 TRQ @ 5200 rpm

Really what I am looking for is difference between ARH and Shorty Race on the same engine, be it stock or the Penske. Are you saying BBG Shorty Race are worth 50hp more than the ARH?

The numbers I posted are the official dyno results that Chrysler recorded on their Dyno cell with the ACR-X race engines.

I understand your question and it would have been a good shoot-out, but was not the task at hand.. We (BBG) are now building our own brand of headers and needed a top notch testing facilty like we had back when we did the ACR-X headers with Chrysler, so our thoughts were to go to the best in the Industry (ILMOR) and they agreed to do non partial independent testing with no modifications to engine management or the engine (controlled environment). Simply put, bolt on stock stock exhaust run several times to create a base line, bolt on a set of our headers and repeat the process to create our baseline.. No trick or tweaks to the engine at all.. Dyno testing is very expensive and our GTS-R Headers was our only consideration.. I took the best configuration to the Dyno that I felt would be bolt-on friendly with no modifications and they ran strong..

We're building a custom Viper modular race header that can be made in several configurations on demand with basically unlimited power potential depending on one's needs.. Our GTS-R "Shorty" can be built in a 2 1/4" primary with a 3 1/2" race collector, which wouldn't work well on a stock engine for example. We can now build what our clients need. Kinda apples to oranges, that being said I do understand your point..

Thnx,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Since returning from my business trip back east I'm buried at the Garage right now with several Viper's on the lifts needed to be completed, so I'll follow up shortly with questions and I'll be posting better info on my new website launching soon.. We're doing it the right way over here from engineering, manufacturing, fixturing, materials and testing. I'm excited about getting our first production run going and hope to have the Viper Nation on board!!:usa:

Thanks and if any questions don't hesitate to call me directly @ (916)505-9026

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes, basically I was asking how much more HP would the Shorty Race provide over my ARH. Having that info would help me decide if I shell out the $$ to go with the Shorty Race.

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes, basically I was asking how much more HP would the Shorty Race provide over my ARH. Having that info would help me decide if I shell out the $$ to go with the Shorty Race.

ARCucrazy if your askin, I'd say go with our GTS-R "Shorty" which are actually equal length long tube race merge headers:2tu: But seriously kinda unique situation, because I know the ACR-X header better than anyone..

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss options or to answer any questions you may have (916)505-9026

Thanks for considering running a BBG Product!

Toddy - Bad Boyzz Garage

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baseline #2 mentions "bolt-ons only"...does that include ported heads and intake manifold?

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baseline #2 mentions "bolt-ons only"...does that include ported heads and intake manifold?

Test #2 was our Bad Boyzz Garage's GTS-R "Shorty" Race Headers with 3" finished pipe only..
701 HP @ 6300 rpm
627 TRQ @ 5200 rpm

We "did not" run our race ported intakes or cylinder heads on the Dyno during header testing. Our goal was to record actual gains from our headers only. For clarification our "Shorty" race headers are actually equal length long tube merge headers.. I dubbed them "Shorty" because it's merge collector is located in the Viper's frame tunnel, unlike it's big brother's collectors "Super Long" which are located in the Viper's side sills..

A true modular race header program, Go from our "Shorty" collector to our "Super Long" collector trackside along with a fresh PCM calibration Dyno tuned for each set-up..:usa:

(Bad Boyzz Garage GTS-R Race Header "Shorty" Viper G5/G4)

(Bad Boyzz Garage GTS-R Race Header "Super Long" Viper G5/G4)

Toddy-Bad Boyzz Garage

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the merge collector any different from the ARH ACR-X headers? Are the ARH headers equal length?

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the primary size on the dyno tested shorty headers? Also, can you quote us a price on a set of the shorty headers and what we would need as far as ECM/Tuning? Is the Mopar ECM sufficient or something else?

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Random design question: did you guys do a lot of iterations to figure out which order to bring the primary tubes into the collector, or did you already know this going in? Or does it even really matter?

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump. Nice looking headers.

A few Q's

1.) For a bolt-on car (CAI, ported intake, headers exhaust and mopar PCM: what header is best.

2.) Do you have dyno sheets?

3.) What PCM tuning can you do?

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

We're ready to start machining and fabrication on our 1st production run soon..

Our Fixtures are top notch (High Quality) and will be installing a fresh set of our GTS-R Shorty Headers on my personal ACR to ensure correct fitment and run on our new Dyno Jet arriving tomorrow, Monday.. BBG is growing and for the next month I will be renovating my operation with a new floor plan to accommodate our Dyno Jet and our new 2014' Viper engine program which our GTS-R headers will be an integral part of..:usa:

These are true race merge headers and will have optional primary and collector configurations to fit your Viper's engines potential power output, just give us a call to discuss for your build.

We'll start a thread after our renovations are complete and start a pre-order sales program to kick start our 1st production run and build you a set of our custom race headers that'll give you an uncompromised performance and quality edge you've looking for on the track, strip and street!!

Thanks for everyone's interests, our goal has always been to build top notch products for the Viper Nation..!!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez - Owner
1337 North Market Blvd. Ste 100
Sacramento, Ca 95834
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

BBG GTS-R "Shorty" Race Headers will be in the $4400 pricing range and our

BBG GTS-R "Super Long" Race Headers will be in the $5400 pricing range..

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since BBG was involved with both the ARH/ACR-X headers and now building these, I would love to see a dyno comparison of the 2 on the same dyno, same car. That would be awesome.

(currently have an ACR-X set sitting in the garage to be installed after the car gets locked up for the winter :( )

Congrats on the renovation coming soon!

Last edited:

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm working with Toddy to get a set of the "shorty" versions to put on my ACR. I'm hoping that these will be available by the end of the year to allow time for installation and I hope to have dyno numbers in early spring. I'd love to see 630-640rwhp with just intake, full exhaust, pcm then consider head porting. Who knows, maybe 670-680rwhp is possible in a streetable N/A package!

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm working with Toddy to set a set to put on my car currently. I'm hoping that these will be available by the end of the year to allow time for installation and I hope to have dyno numbers in early spring. I'd love to see 630-640rwhp with just intake, full exhaust, pcm then consider head porting. Who knows, maybe 670-680rwhp is possible in a streetable package!
Is there a date on the release of the mopar PCM?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm working with Toddy to get a set of the "shorty" versions to put on my ACR. I'm hoping that these will be available by the end of the year to allow time for installation and I hope to have dyno numbers in early spring. I'd love to see 630-640rwhp with just intake, full exhaust, pcm then consider head porting. Who knows, maybe 670-680rwhp is possible in a streetable N/A package!

What size primaries you are going with?

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He recommended 1 7/8" primaries, so that is the plan. The real issue is finding out which intake should be used, ported Gen IV vs Gen V. I believe there is someone who is dynoing a Gen V this weekend, so we will have an idea what it's worth over a stock Gen IV. He made some baseline pulls first to have some comparisons.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the primary size of other header brands? Seems like 1-3/4" is pretty common...I'd think these engines would like 1-7/8" primaries for upper end breathing. Even stock-ish 346ci LS1s benefitted from 1-7/8" headers, so I'd think it would be a good size for an 8.4L engine making almost double the HP right out of the box.

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are people seriously going to pay over $4000 for headers?. Wow I did not realize headers for a Viper are so ...."pricey".