New Tire source

rdc3716

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking for replacement tires for my 05 SRT10. They originally came with Michelin Pilot. Fronts are 275/35ZR 18 and the rears are 345/30ZR 19. I am finding it difficult to find any tire shops that carry these sizes especially the rears. I'm hoping to find some that are as close to original as possible. If anyone out there has found a reputable tire store(in Michigan) please let me know.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly are you able to find? The Michelin factory was shut down because of Covid, but that was over a year ago now. I would have thought the tires would be available by now.

AFAIK Michelin Pilot Sports and Nitto Invos are the only two sets of front and rear tires made in the OEM sizes. You can go Pirelli but both front / rear will be 10mm wider. Continental has the front but the rear will be 10mm wider. You really want Michelins though because they are Z rated and they just work really really well. The Nittos are Z and Y rated (front versus rear) which is weird but not the end of the world. Continentals are Y rated.

Tell us what you find. A lot of us will be going through this soon it seems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rdc3716

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I too prefer to stay with the oem tires if at all possible. It seems that the fronts are available from Michelin, but the rears are “out of stock” or unavailable. I’m afraid they have discontinued them. I hope I’m wrong.

Siciliano15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just on tire rack and they just came out with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires which are the newest version in 355/30/19 so 10mm wider than stock or basically the stock size on the 2013-2017 models. You can also go up one size in front to 285/35/18 so the increase is even all the way around and to also decrease the wheel well gap.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RDC, get with Jonb at Viper parts Rack. He'll source you the best prices and knows what is available for Vipers. He's a true subject matter expert on all parts Viper! He can also drop ship to your local installer.

good luck, Mike

phangz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Just ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports from Tire Rack showing in stock on the site, but later received a text stating that the rears were not in production and there would be a 60-90 day possible wait time. The front tires are in stock.

[email protected]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you still order Michelins for a 95 viper. I have one with 4600 mi on it. Still the original tires. They look great and the car rides fine but I think I'm living on borrowed time. Thanks Bill [email protected] or 954 410 6253 or just post.

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for replacement tires for my 05 SRT10. They originally came with Michelin Pilot. Fronts are 275/35ZR 18 and the rears are 345/30ZR 19. I am finding it difficult to find any tire shops that carry these sizes especially the rears. I'm hoping to find some that are as close to original as possible. If anyone out there has found a reputable tire store(in Michigan) please let me know.
I bought Continentals for my 05 and 14. They are good.