New to the Viper Scene (2004 Vert)

OP
OP
T

Taylor202

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha sure thing man. PM me and I'll give you my number. Do you ever go to the Texas Imports Today Meets?

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I'll start with the two things you'll want to check/address on your '04. As others have said:

Crank bolt - the '04's used a different (smaller) bolt that many found to work itself loose. The dampeners on these cars are not keyed, so this could be a significant issue if not checked.
Runflat tires - the grip is terrible with stock runflats, but perhaps even worse is the ride. Switching tires is one of the best "upgrades" you can do.

As for mods, many add headers, tune, gears, etc. There's also a variety of heads/cam packages as well as forced induction applications. Really depends on how many ponies you're after and how deep your pockets are.

Doug

OP
OP
T

Taylor202

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

I nixed the stock tires the day I bought the car and got some invos
I will have the dodge dealership check out the crank bolt next week.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I'll start with the two things you'll want to check/address on your '04. As others have said:

Crank bolt - the '04's used a different (smaller) bolt that many found to work itself loose. The dampeners on these cars are not keyed, so this could be a significant issue if not checked.
Runflat tires - the grip is terrible with stock runflats, but perhaps even worse is the ride. Switching tires is one of the best "upgrades" you can do.

As for mods, many add headers, tune, gears, etc. There's also a variety of heads/cam packages as well as forced induction applications. Really depends on how many ponies you're after and how deep your pockets are.

Doug

What do you suggest for the crank bolt? never had problems before and don't want to have any....:D

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you have an '04 and haven't checked your crank bolt, I suggest you do so. Per the Wizard, get a new bolt and dampener if damaged or loose. Use red Loctite to secure. Prolly wouldn't be a bad idea to occasionally spot-check. We pinned the crank on mine as a bit of insurance.

hyph

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome!

Now... join the North Texas Viper Club :2tu:

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have an '04 and haven't checked your crank bolt, I suggest you do so. Per the Wizard, get a new bolt and dampener if damaged or loose. Use red Loctite to secure. Prolly wouldn't be a bad idea to occasionally spot-check. We pinned the crank on mine as a bit of insurance.

Thanks, car,s going for check up so I'll add this :2tu:

SRT101969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES!! get rid X pipes. Try Belanger headers + high flow cats + Corsa.
Also, if you plan to track:
1. 3.55 or 3.73 gears
2. Oil Catch can
3. Aero rotors
4. Tuning, ROE RACING IS THE BEST!!!
5. Diff, I did Wavetrac´s
6. Toyos R888s or equivalents.
7. KWs or Motons coliovers
8. I did Mopar performance gen IV upgrade but there are others around here.

Viper learning curve is very tough, but as a Pro Pilot told me "once you learn this monster, you can do all others".

Definitely the exhaust. I would suggest high flow cats and Corsa. Lot better sound and gets rid of the cabin heat. Especially being here in Texas.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The crank bolt on my 04 was finger tight when i bought it lasy year with 800 miles on it. I removed it by hand, then put it back in and torqe to specs. No problems since. You can easily reach it from the front of the car, i even got my socket in there with a extension with no problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456