New to the Viper Scene (2004 Vert)

Taylor202

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up guys,

Just purchased my first Viper (2004 w/ 20,000 Miles) and really enjoy it so far. Just curious if there are any must have mods for these cars.

You must be registered for see images attach

Taylor Pierce
CEO Idea2AppStore
CEO Secret Happy Hour

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Past Rides
2011 Ford Raptor
2005 Lamborghini Gallardo
2009 Nissan GTR
2008 Corvette Z06
2007 Corvette Z51

Last edited:

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have found the market is very limited. I’m guessing due to the fact that there aren’t many Vipers to begin with manufacturers don’t have much of an incentive to produce parts in bulk, if at all. Performance stuff is standard cost, but if you’re looking to do cosmetic stuff some of the companies that re-do the interior are absurdly expensive.

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh but for the must-haves, I’d say the general consensus is short throw, headers and exhaust.

OP
OP
T

Taylor202

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured. Ill probably just do full exhaust, intake, tune

OP
OP
T

Taylor202

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude that car sucked. Everything would break, slow as hell, and all around boring to drive.

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude that car sucked. Everything would break, slow as hell, and all around boring to drive.
I Feel you. If your going lambo, you need to go all the way. Plus the Egear issues with the older gallardos (not that I would know personally, I have never owned one) sound like a nightmare. In a few years I am planning on picking up an LP640.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up guys,

Just purchased my first Viper (2004 w/ 20,000 Miles) and really enjoy it so far. Just curious if there are any must have mods for these cars.

You must be registered for see images attach

Taylor Pierce
CEO Idea2AppStore
CEO Secret Happy Hour

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Past Rides
2011 Ford Raptor
2005 Lamborghini Gallardo
2009 Nissan GTR
2008 Corvette Z06
2007 Corvette Z51

Congrats on the purchase!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, if I were looking to purchase a Lambo, the Diablo would be at the top of my list. Still fairly simple in tech, but modern enough to be drivable....Curious that you mention the Gallardo is slow as hell :dunno: I have never driven one, but looking at some performance figures, it does seem to be in the same league as the Viper.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on a sharp looking car! I'd say the most common bolt-on performance upgrades include filters, headers, high-flow cats, exhaust, tune, 3.55 (or 3.73) gears. The tune (especially in combination with exhaust mods) is probably the best bang for the buck with Gen III's.

Stonep185

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to viper ownership! What area you from? I'm sure there are locals who will point you in the right direction for mods

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, and congrats on the new ride. I like the ten-spokes blacked out.
I recommend the skip-shift eliminator. The 1st-4th lockout drove me crazy.
Then intake, exhaust, steel brake lines, change brake fluid to Motul (RBF600).

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely the exhaust. I would suggest high flow cats and Corsa. Lot better sound and gets rid of the cabin heat. Especially being here in Texas.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot to mention the most important mod you'll need to make before anything else. If you still have the stock run-flat Michelins (kind of hard to tell from your picture) you need to ditch them fast. 9+ years on that terrible hard rubber is flat out dangerous with these cars' low end torque. Chuck Tator, probably the most knowledgeable Viper tech, once told me that the biggest single factor in Viper wrecks tends to be those crappy tires.

There are some great deals going on right now on Michelin super sports.

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ Just what he said! Those stock tires gotta go, and grab some Michelin's. I won't be able to make it to the C&C next weekend, but there should be some guys out there. Go and talk with them. Your Lambo was slow? Must have been putting 87 in her.

Stonep185

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you pick the car up from a dealership off 820? I saw a red one there a couple weeks ago... Any interest in an autocross event june 8th with the viper gang?

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congaratulations and to add my $.01 drop it. Tons of ways to do so depending on your needs. :2tu:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation. Be sure to join the VCA. The Texas group always has a lot going on,

There are a few nice shock options if you want to lower it a bit, have a smoother and better controlled ride.

OP
OP
T

Taylor202

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got ya there is a guy with a gen 2 a few houses down from me that looks exactly like yours. Do you live in Harmonson Farms by any chance? That would be a small world.

OP
OP
T

Taylor202

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture actually has the calipers masked off. Just dipped the wheels. The calipers are red

Stonep185

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I'm not cool enough to live on that side of the train tracks! On June 1st there may be a car show in Decatur if you want to get out and cruise

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456