New Viper GTS at Chicago Auto Show

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge unveiled a special Viper GTS at the Chicago Auto Show on Thursday. This Red with white stripes GTS will be built at the end of the model year to commemorate the final Chapter 2 GTS. It will be billed as "The end of the original breed". The car includes the aformentioned paint scheme (a first for this color combo from the factory) a special dash plaque stating that this is one of the final 300 Viper GTS' and red stiching on the shifter boot and steering wheel. Hopefully someone else has been to the show and they have a picture that they can post.

By the way, do you remember a post a few weeks ago to have discussion board participants pretend that they were a designer at Team Viper. This is why that post was made. We were trying to get some feedback from owners before the plans were finalized.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All dodge has to do is tell me how much and where to send the check?
smile.gif

Any chance these will be individually numbered?

If yes, can I get one of the last 2 or 3?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff! I think there would have been a greater response to the "design" thread if it been a bit more to the point, hypothetically speaking. For example, "As the current Viper is coming to end, what would have been your ideal set up of this body design for your own garage?" All due respect, but designing it for a museum threw many off as it seemed so bizarre, including me. Ah well, you know about that hindsight thing...

That said, I would GUARANTEE that they will sell them even faster (as if that is a challenge anyway) and get the full premium if they go with the interior shown on a previous thread about the 1 of 1 ACR. That interior was simply STUNNING (red inserts on the seats and doors, etc.) and impressed everybody. Fingers crossed!

Chris

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree w/Chris re: the question posed was a bit blind. Went a little 'bar and grill' there, IMO. That said, the car sounds cool. Maybe if the last 100 were the original Blue/White would be good. Since corporate layers and knowledge of the customer have conspired to delay the release of another coupe until at least the year 2050 (if ever, right SteveF?), maybe a final send-off in the original colors is a decent way to go. Perhaps the last one might be a VCA raffle car (w/dolphins on the hood?).Either way, glad they're doing something for the classic.

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion can they also place the "Last 300 GTS made." Or whatever the number maybe on the fire wall area by the passenger side like the last 95 RT/10s built at New Mack with side exhuast. And I agree the original blue and white stripes should be the last color. But personally I like red fine also. Give the last one built to Bob Lutz he did a lot for our car to be a reality,and he can have something fast to drive to his new job a well.
laugh.gif

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to see the last series run of these cars go the Blue/WHite route so that I could buy one in fewer than two years from someone who had put some miles on it now. I can't pick one up yet, but the prospect of getting one a year or two is really appealing.

Jay K.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been in the works for a few months now, It had nothing to do with the thread a few weeks back. I knew of this back in November. Also they will do this in a ACR, but only about 20%, and the correct number is 360.

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What hs been in the works? A last run of ACRs in the original blue with white stripes? That would be the best thing they could do for th end of the GTS production. Maybe a few RT/10s in that color as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4