new viper hot wheels car

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm I don't go to Corvette forums. Park a Gen III between two Ferraris and see which gets more attention? LOL you have got to be joking me. No one even looks at the SRT Vipers at local car shows except for Viper lovers.

I've spent a lot of time driving a 98' GTS in 1999 and a 2005 SRT in 2005-2008. I never got the gawkers in the SRT like I did in the GTS when it was relevant. People would follow me in the GTS and try to talk, regularly. No one has ever done that in an SRT. Half the people think it's a vette or something else.

Must be a location thing, because I get gawkers all the time here in my neck of the woods, and I've only owned it a couple months, and driven it maybe 6 times total since I brought it home.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would LOVE to listen into the conf. call from SRT to Mattel....

For those of you on Facebook, the DriveSRT page had two posts made (including the pics) of the HotWheels car by public users. There was no response by the admins, and the posts are now gone. All that remain are posts about the suprise being ruined.

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure the headlights are angled right on the Hot Wheels pic based on these spy pics.. They don't look like a 350z's headlights in these pics anyways

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 134

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will reserve judgment until I see the actual photos of the new Gen V. However, if this is close to what it is going to look like I am not overly impressed and kind of bummed.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT made a couple comments to a question about the car. They basically said they aren't commenting about it, and we will see if it's real April 4th lol

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend too much time foaming at the mouth on this, your gonna know what you getting in about 45 days. And its all about horsepower and I can say that the dyno's have been running 24/7 for weeks at SRT. If it is a big number and I think it will then I'm not as concerned by the exterior styling.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would LOVE to listen into the conf. call from SRT to Mattel....

For those of you on Facebook, the DriveSRT page had two posts made (including the pics) of the HotWheels car by public users. There was no response by the admins, and the posts are now gone. All that remain are posts about the suprise being ruined.

That's pretty damning evidence IMO.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to say that the car in that hot wheels picture doesn't look bad at all but is not like I'd sell everything I own to have it either. I'm convinced that the real car will look much much better and that holds true even if the hot wheels drawing is really close to the real deal. I mean comparing a hot wheels toy to the real car they are based on is not an apples to apples comparisson don't you think?

You must be registered for see images attach

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great day today in a great week..... First we saw the seats, then the car and now the new digital dashboard:eater:

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah looked at a picture of a GTS hotwheels car. The only cars that look good as hotwheels models are those made with straight lines. They just don't do justice to curves at all. So everybody, please CALM THE F*** DOWN!

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone on Jalopnik did a better job cleaning up the grainy Hot Wheels image by redrawing it as a vector:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaked from a not yet released Hot Wheels 2012 catalog of cars they're introducing for the Summer. Yes it's apparently the actual car, albeit the leaked image was a small thumbnail only that I enlarged:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic, but looking at this now really tells me nothing. The hood is all wrong and the rest you can not tell. I am guessing this is not a very good teaser.
But great hype

Bruce

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic, but looking at this now really tells me nothing. The hood is all wrong and the rest you can not tell. I am guessing this is not a very good teaser.
But great hype

Bruce

Interesting that many who saw the VOI mockup say this is very close, and some say it is totally different.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. At this angle you only get an idea of the hood. It is hard to tell the front angle and from the front of the doors back one has no idea what the car looks like. i am not saying it is wrong just very hard to tell at this angle.

Bruce

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the hood vents on the side more closely resembled the vents from the Ford GT?

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silence from those in the know is deafening.
Oh by the way the SRT engineers were on the forum before.
Probably just coincidence.....:rolleyes:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really disappointed in the car, not sure what else to say. HP is important, hopefully the actual car is not like the hotwheels car, but based on what you guys say, doesn't look promising.

My SRT evoked emotion when I looked at it, and my Gallardo does the same. This car, doesn't...yet.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking that the guys on the drivesrt facebook account were doing a good job. Now we see that the matter is poorly handle. They took of their page all pics relating to gen5 .....They work hard over the past few weeks to go from scratch to nearly 20 000 follower on FB. For my part i don't care if there is no more teaser pic and I'm thinkiing about cancelling my trip to NewYork. The way the HOTWHEELGATE is handle make me want to stop playing this game anymore. I'm sure now that no one cares about another teaser shot. Anyway I don't want a coupe prefer the roadster.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the hood vents on the side more closely resembled the vents from the Ford GT?

Yes they do, from the VOI car. They may have changed but I doubt it.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456