New Viper Mod

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there really a problem with the way the gen 2 throttle bodies sit? NO!! People are not blowing their motors up because their throttle bodies don't sit at the same angle as gen 3's. Will they gain any significant HP gain from adding the spacers? NO. Really the only way to test it would be to install them on a car (with a stock intake) and do a before and after dyno run....sounds like a waste of money and time to me.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see it be a waste to some but for me I'm curious and I would do it as an experiment if I was able to make the plate just to see the results for better or for worst, thats the great thing about bolt on mods is that it can me undone

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"TheDealinDave" left this comment on his video a little while ago.
"we are goin to get around to checking the plugs. I'm just really interested in all the banter on the viper forum about this. I'm pretty sure the intake is goin to skew the results a bit compared to a stock setup but this intake was designed by Chrysler themselves and we happened to get the drawings that their engineers signed and gave to us. but back to your question the car does idle at 500 rpm now instead of 600."

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really the only way to test it would be to install them on a car (with a stock intake) and do a before and after dyno run....sounds like a waste of money and time to me.

I would say that 90 % of mods that people do to Vipers are a "waste" of money as defined by "someone." If it is your hobby, then, anything is justifiable, at least to yourself. Maybe not so much to SWMBO . :D

This guy obviously enjoys doing stuff to his car that is not mainstream. More power to him. (pun intended.)

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have ever been to a racetrack, you will see lots of cars with 'out of the box' mods. Personally, I am not offended by the look of either the wing (which is placed high to be in the airflow, which works), the hood or the RT conversion. Here is a pic of the car that beat the Team Dodge ACR-X at the 2010 Ultimate Track Car Challenge. (I am sure there were a few snickers when they unloaded it.)
IMG_5875.JPG

In engineering, sometimes innovations are made by mistake. More power to ya Dealin Doug! Keep the mods coming!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4