New Viper owner, have paint question

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my '04 for about 3 weeks now and it has 850 miles on it (a lot of bad weather). How susceptible is the nose to paint chip damage? I don't plan on driving on any dirt roads and I don't like removable bra's. Should I get plastic put on and if so, besides the front where else should it go?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a clear bra on the front, the areas behind the wheels (front and back) the exhaust sills, and the front of the mirrors.

I live at the end of 2 miles of dirt/gravel roads, and the clearbra has preserved my paint. Even if you don't drive on dirt, the clearbra is a good long-term investment to protect your paint from normal road rocks, etc. You can't even tell your car has the clearbra on it, unless you look quite closely.

Kai

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kai

Where do you get one of those clear bras? Do they stick on? or are they like fabric bras?

Scott

They stick on with a low-tack adhesive, kind of like contact paper.

Look in the phone book under auto accessories, or try their web site

http://www.clearbra.net/home2.html

You could also just plug in "clearbra" and your state in a Google search.

Mine cost me $900 for the front facia and front of the hood, the exhaust side sills, the fronts of the mirrors, and the areas directly behind the front and back tires.

Kai

2004 SRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the clearbra (x-pel) kit installed on my 04. I also had the side sills and behind rear tires done. I did it early on with only 500 miles. You will probably find that the side sills get pretty sand blasted so I would recommend doing it ASAP. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't see the clearbra after installation because you can. I have a silver car so it is less noticable. Black, red or white and you will see more. I am happy with the look - you just see a a seam across the hood. Every thing else is not an issue. One other thing I did was have the headlight and fog light protection installed as well. These are a separate product but are not noticable.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By exhaust sills you mean the whle area under the doors?

Yes, the area under the doors.

By the way, the $900 job I had done also included covering the headlights and foglights.

Kai

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also try www.clear-pro.net - essentially the same product but a little easier on the wallet. They dont list a Viper kit on their website, but I recieved an email stating that one is being cut as we speak

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang