New Viper owner? Time to join the VCA!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Ironic that this post was started and made a sticky by the person that was at the center of the VCA implosion. :rolleyes:

Rocket, I look at it a little differently. It shows me that little miss high and mighty, who used to use the VCA's bank account like it was her own personal line of credit, and manipulated the rules for her own family's financial benefit...no longer has an account here.
:)

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Discussed to the point of being nauseous. All fugitive posts on the subject will be removed and posting abilities may be limited

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Discussed to the point of being nauseous. All fugitive posts on the subject will be removed and posting abilities may be limited

Hell I thought I was pointing out a good thing the club has done. How is it a "fugitive" post?

Jammy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow this is amazing thank you for that thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshua Rockey

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Joined, and paid for a membership, but still can not access members only parts of the forum. Please advise

BoremViper97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine from Rock Solid Motorsports in Elkhart IN. 6 weeks ago today it was delivered to me here in Florida.
It’s a 1997 RT/10 red. I don’t know enough about Vipers to comment much specifics but here goes:

Removable hard top,
five spoke chrome wheels,
Borla exhaust,
drilled/slotted rotors,
k&n intake,
aftermarket aluminum radiator with HPS hoses,
aftermarket WIRED radar/laser detector,
Tires are 2016/2016 but no dry rot and good condition overall.

Oh it has the factory red leather shifter/steering wheel/emergency brake.

And the 1997 year was apparently less than 200 RT/10’s so it’s a bit rare.

Overall great condition- nearly pristine IMO. One spot of leather is (barely) worn. The brake pedal rubber had a tear so I removed it (and enjoying the bare metal feel; truly).

It has tons of wind noise; anything above 80mph it makes you want to slow down immediately lol.

My biggest complaint is the ratio of height for the clutch pedal to the brake/gas. I’m not tall but I’m not short (I’m 5’8”) and for me to use the clutch I have to adjust the seat and pedals to where the brake and gas pedals are too close. I really hate that. I zip tied a small wood block on the clutch and it was A LOT better. But it fell off soon.

Anyways plenty more to talk I’m sure.
Is anyone in central florida?
FYI I’m actually a Lamborghini guy but I can’t afford that yet so the Viper will suffice lol.
I do love the EXCESS of a viper- maw-fricking v10
Maw-fricking 8 liters
M F 450 hp
Two seater,
Zero ground clearance

Just excessive. Like having a gun in a fistfight.
Glad to be on board.

Attachments

• 1F2CF7A5-6223-484F-9279-B2C58D4C7A2D.jpeg
    1F2CF7A5-6223-484F-9279-B2C58D4C7A2D.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 2F8E2B56-DF0D-48B9-A14F-5AA7BBB13309.jpeg
    2F8E2B56-DF0D-48B9-A14F-5AA7BBB13309.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ED5655C7-D5DD-4A80-A045-BC13286A64ED.jpeg
    ED5655C7-D5DD-4A80-A045-BC13286A64ED.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 3
  • F60E46AA-8B9A-41F7-96D5-711BA0A69B4F.jpeg
    F60E46AA-8B9A-41F7-96D5-711BA0A69B4F.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 3

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the clutch. My 04 seems to have a very long throw on it as well and is hard to get adjusted in a place that's comfortable to use all three pedals. At one point I actually manually adjusted just the clutch by disconnecting the other pedals from the adjustment cables so only the clutch moved when I used the switch. It worked, but also basically made the adjuster non functional anymore as the clutch was all the way back and the gas and brake most of the way forward. Ended up putting it back to stock and just dealing with it in the long run.

BoremViper97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the clutch. My 04 seems to have a very long throw on it as well and is hard to get adjusted in a place that's comfortable to use all three pedals. At one point I actually manually adjusted just the clutch by disconnecting the other pedals from the adjustment cables so only the clutch moved when I used the switch. It worked, but also basically made the adjuster non functional anymore as the clutch was all the way back and the gas and brake most of the way forward. Ended up putting it back to stock and just dealing with it in the long run.
Man I JUST had that idea Sunday :)
I got my head underneath the dash to check it out and saw that there’s a cable for each pedal and wondered if I could *do exactly what you described*
Was it hard to disconnect/reconnect a cable? Like was it intricate or difficult?
Also my problem is that I want the clutch HIGHER than the brake/gas. I feel like you said the opposite ?

I’ve had a 1.5” wood block on my clutch pedal for the last couple days and I legitimately enjoy the car 20% more than without it. I must find a solid way to make it permanent.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It wasn't that hard as I recall, though the systems might be very slightly different. The gen 3+ uses a switch and electric motors to turn a worm ***** to move the pedals up and down. It was pretty easy to adjust though as I think the motor was only attached with two bolts or something like that. Basically pop the bolts and manually adjust where you want then reattach. I know the gen 2 was just a handle you turned, so might be easier to actually look at the handle side and maybe see if you can pull the cables there and spin them with a drill or something and then reattach. Could potentially be easier to pull that panel under the steering column than trying to get your head and hands up at the top of the pedals.

I was thinking about it some more as well and I think I actually adjusted them exactly how you wanted. I left the clutch high because at full throw my leg was almost fully extended, but when I was just cruising it bent my knee and had me put more weight on my heel for the throttle. I adjusted the throttle and brake back so when I was cruising along my leg was more straight and relaxed, but the clutch was still high so I wasn't locking my knee whenever I was sitting at stops with the clutch down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper