Newbie questions...

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So heres my deal. I am deciding on 3 vehicles I would really like to get:

1) Aeriel atom 3
2) 04 SVT Cobra
3) 04 SRT10 Viper

Each one has strong and weak points. So far I am leaning more towards a viper because theyre amazing looking, and great all around performers. The aeriel atom is the best performer out of the bunch, however it is a strictly sunshine driver, and has no comforts. The Cobra is cheaper, however it doesnt perform no where near as well as the viper in the corners or straightline ( out of the box ). The viper is the most expensive out of the bunch, however it is the most well rounded.

So anyways onto my questions:

1) Can gears, and minor bolt ons put an 04 viper into the 10's?
2) I noticed there are TT kits for this car. However are there big turbo kits for the car? ( Im not a fan of TT setup )
3) If you guys had to do it over again, which of the 3 listed would you pick up? ( I know this is a viper forum, but Id like to see unbiased opinions if possible ).

Thanks guys

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Bad,

You'll get tons of help from this forum about your Viper questions. I'm coming from a 550hp '03 Cobra to a Gen II or III Viper, so let me know if you have any specific questions about the Cobras.

OP
OP

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bad,

You'll get tons of help from this forum about your Viper questions. I'm coming from a 550hp '03 Cobra to a Gen II or III Viper, so let me know if you have any specific questions about the Cobras.

Good deal. Nice SVT by the way. I have done my research on the terminators. The engine and internals on thos suckers are virtually indestructible. Stock block is rated to 1600 whp which is disgusting.

Lemme guess ur mods. Pulley, port/polish, bolt ons, and N20( maybe)?

Last edited:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Can gears, and minor bolt ons put an 04 viper into the 10's?
Ehhh....maybe.
Definitely need the Driver Mod if you don't have it already.
2) I noticed there are TT kits for this car. However are there big turbo kits for the car? ( Im not a fan of TT setup )
Check out the big turbo kit available from JMB Performance. They've had good success with it in the Viper trucks.
Plan on full internals though.
3) If you guys had to do it over again, which of the 3 listed would you pick up? ( I know this is a viper forum, but Id like to see unbiased opinions if possible ).
Probably a Viper.
But it'd have to be a Comp. Coupe. :D

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you plan to use this car. I've never known anyone to be considering a choice that has both a Viper and an Atom. Are you prepared to spend serious additional $ to add forced induction?

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good deal. Nice SVT by the way. I have done my research on the terminators. The engine and internals on thos suckers are virtually indestructible. Stock block is rated to 1600 whp which is disgusting.

Lemme guess ur mods. Pulley, port/polish, bolt ons, and N20( maybe)?

Thanks man, appreciate it. I had a tune, full exhaust, pulley, ported stock supercharger and the various bolt ons.

Either way you go, you're gonna be happy. You really just need to think of how you are going to use the car, ya know? Daily driver, track car, keep it stock, mod it like crazy? Factor in things like costs for aftermarket parts for the Viper v. the Cobra. You want a big backseat or not? Traction control (that can be turned off) or not? If you haven't, check out svtperformance.com for the best Cobra info. This site has helped me a ton already. So, the best advice I can give is remember we're guests here, and just grab a beer and start at the very last pages of these forums and read read read. Good luck!
Mark

OP
OP

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you plan to use this car. I've never known anyone to be considering a choice that has both a Viper and an Atom. Are you prepared to spend serious additional $ to add forced induction?

Ideally I want to have a 10 sec car that performs well over all. The aeriel is the best for performance and is 10's capabale out of the box, however its just not practical at all.

I have a DD CSRT4 that would be taking up most of the driving. The SRT10 would be a weekend warrior and track car whenever I felt like beating on her.

I just want to see if I can get her into the 10's without FI ( if possible ).

I will definitely be doing the FI route down the road. However, thats going to be a long time from now :rolleyes:. Its just a WEE bit pricey.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man, appreciate it. I had a tune, full exhaust, pulley, ported stock supercharger and the various bolt ons.

Either way you go, you're gonna be happy. You really just need to think of how you are going to use the car, ya know? Daily driver, track car, keep it stock, mod it like crazy? Factor in things like costs for aftermarket parts for the Viper v. the Cobra. You want a big backseat or not? Traction control (that can be turned off) or not? If you haven't, check out svtperformance.com for the best Cobra info. This site has helped me a ton already. So, the best advice I can give is remember we're guests here, and just grab a beer and start at the very last pages of these forums and read read read. Good luck!
Mark

Thats some awsome numbers. Most SVT guys cant get much past the 500 whp range with the stock 'heaton' 112. What size pulley you running? 2.8?

OP
OP

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ehhh....maybe.
Definitely need the Driver Mod if you don't have it already.
Check out the big turbo kit available from JMB Performance. They've had good success with it in the Viper trucks.
Plan on full internals though.

Probably a Viper.
But it'd have to be a Comp. Coupe. :D

Thanks for the input.

Forged internals really? Im surprised theyre not forged from the factory :omg:. What type of tolerences does the stock crank, pistons, rods, etc have?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$60K for that crap?
If you want the go-cart fealing of the ATOM, but would prefer for it to actually look like a $60K car,
not a cheap kit-cart then maybe you should be looking at a COBRA Replica:2tu:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$60K for that crap?
If you want the go-cart fealing of the ATOM, but would prefer for it to actually look like a $60K car,
not a cheap kit-cart then maybe you should be looking at a COBRA Replica:2tu:

You must be registered for see images

Lol, the aeriel is 40k. Around what Id like to spend.

The 67(?) shelby replicas are beautiful cars.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, the aeriel is 40k. Around what Id like to spend.

Personally I really dig the Atom. Fast, nimble and unique. Motorcycle like experience. Talk about no Nannies! However, I haven't seen one for sale for less than $70s, certainly not 40s.

Have you seen the new V8 500hp version?:headbang:

OP
OP

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I really dig the Atom. Fast, nimble and unique. Motorcycle like experience. Talk about no Nannies! However, I haven't seen one for sale for less than $70s, certainly not 40s.

Have you seen the new V8 500hp version?:headbang:

The aeriel atom 500.... That thing is going to be ****. Isnt it something like a 2.4l V8? Its Sc'd and Im pretty sure it has a 10k redline, which is utterly disgusting.

I would be willing to bet it runs 8's out of the box. How crazy would that thing be to drive. What a rush. Probly have to start it in 3rd :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang