Nick Name

VivaceViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, this is a bit corny and yes, even childish, but I am looking for a good nick name for my new Silver SRT-10. My Black '95 RT-10 is named "Fury"(ie black beauty). I thought about naming the SRT "Silver"(The Lone Ranger's horse). Yes, I have a thing for naming my Vipers after famous horses, my first '92 RT-10 was named "Traveler"(Gen. Robert E Lee's horse), mostly because all he ever got to do was travel from one car show to another. I have also thought of taking a different route and naming him "Mercury", of course with the latest news I may just name him "Recall",LOL Okay so that really wasn't that funny, just trying to add a little humor to the situation. Anywho, all suggestions are welcome.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, is your new SRT-10 male or female? That makes all the difference, you know? :D

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

VivaceViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, is your new SRT-10 male or female? That makes all the difference, you know? :D

Male. :smirk: Why else do you think I kept referring to them as "he" and/or "him"? To me car and/or vehicle with a lot of horses and/or horsepower/torque is like a person with a lot of estrogen, and well I am sure I don't have to tell you who has more estrogen, men or women? :rolleyes:

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh-heh. Good point. Okay then, this ball is rolling. Or should I say b@lls? Hah-hah.
Come on people, let's get some nicknames going.
Have to wait until I get back from Disneyland before I give a go at it. I'll be thinking on it though! :D

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, Women have more Estrogen! Men have more Testosterone!

As for naming your car? I have no clue on names for cars, but I'm sure Bill P.
Will get rolling here pretty soon.

2Charmed

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quote:

To me car and/or vehicle with a lot of horses and/or horsepower/torque is like a person with a lot of estrogen, and well I am sure I don't have to tell you who has more estrogen, men or women?

Sounds like you don't know your hormones - estrogen is a womens hormone - now on the other hand there is testosterone which "Tim the tool man" would refer to as horsepower. Since your car does have alot of HP (testosterone) but you are confused about it's hormonal make up maybe "DRAG queen" would be appropriate. Emphasis on the drag part because that is a place where you will really notice the testosterone.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drag Queen. That's great.

As for car names I call mine the SRT or convertible and the RT/10 or roadster. I know, how ingenious. At least I know a estrogen from a testosterone. And I like to think that I have more of the latter.

OP
OP
V

VivaceViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, Women have more Estrogen! Men have more Testosterone!

As for naming your car? I have no clue on names for cars, but I'm sure Bill P.
Will get rolling here pretty soon.

2Charmed

Ooopss, you are right, sorry about that. Haven't been myself lately, too much air travel.

OP
OP
V

VivaceViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

To me car and/or vehicle with a lot of horses and/or horsepower/torque is like a person with a lot of estrogen, and well I am sure I don't have to tell you who has more estrogen, men or women?

Sounds like you don't know your hormones - estrogen is a womens hormone - now on the other hand there is testosterone which "Tim the tool man" would refer to as horsepower. Since your car does have alot of HP (testosterone) but you are confused about it's hormonal make up maybe "DRAG queen" would be appropriate. Emphasis on the drag part because that is a place where you will really notice the testosterone.

Okay, okay, so I was tired when writing the post, and maybe I didn't put much thought into it before posting it, sorry, sue me. Okay don't sue me, have enough drama with the whole intake valve problem as it is. As for naming the car "Drag Queen", should I really make the car suffer for my mistake?

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vivaceviper - we were just having fun at your mistake - please don't use the name it was just poking some jist at your expense. Thanks for the laugh and I hope you can come up with a good name. BTW I am dealing with the same valve issue.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, if you think of it as a name, it IS a rather entertaining name. It's certainly memorable. And you DID want something different. Heh-heh. How 'bout a vote on that name, then go from there? :)

OP
OP
V

VivaceViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm...it is quite entertaining. And very unique, nothing like the names I have chosen in the past. Lets do take a vote and see. All those in favor of nicknaming my new SRT "Drag Queen" say I.

Just wondering if I should start a new thread for the vote?

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, start a new thread for the vote. People create new threads all the time for everything they can think of. Don't by shy. *smile*

OP
OP
V

VivaceViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not yet.my situation is a little differnet though. I have a close friend to the family who is a Viper Tech that is the only one that has ever touched any of my Vipers mechanically and he is refusing to let anyone touch my Viper except himself, so he is trying to work out a deal to where they will pay him to do the work. Not a bad thing though, at least I know the job will be done right without anything getting scratched and/or torn up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_