nissan gtr vs viper acr video

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NIce race, Love the Viper any day over anything from Nissan. BUT, Imagine what they could do if they developed a V8 or V10 for one of their sports cars.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to assume the gtr used launch control too... not bad. But too bad how his warranty is now void. :lmao:

On the track.... not even close.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That video seems very strange to me. The Nissan was killed in the 60 ft by the Viper and seemingly through the 1/8th. Then it closes in hard and just barely loses 11.66 to an 11.60, yet the Nissan only ran 104mph and the Viper ran 124mph. The Nissan must have hit the brakes or something because this makes no logical sense to me.

In fact after watching the video again I see he hit the brakes before he went through the traps. Looks like he was sandbagging the Viper.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That video seems very strange to me. The Nissan was killed in the 60 ft by the Viper and seemingly through the 1/8th. Then it closes in hard and just barely loses 11.66 to an 11.60, yet the Nissan only ran 104mph and the Viper ran 124mph. The Nissan must have hit the brakes or something because this makes no logical sense to me.

I found it a bit odd too... especially with launch control... how did he get killed by THAT much? Maybe he's afraid of voiding his warranty and launched without it. That would explain a lot.

Also towards the end, it looked like his brake lights went on before the finish, but I think it was just a light reflecting off the brake light.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found it a bit odd too... especially with launch control... how did he get killed by THAT much? Maybe he's afraid of voiding his warranty and launched without it. That would explain a lot.

Also towards the end, it looked like his brake lights went on before the finish, but I think it was just a light reflecting off the brake light.

Most of the new GTR's have had the launch control tuned out of the car so it can't be used. That track looked like PBIR in Jupiter Fla, and the car looked liked FiskeGTS's ACR, if it was him it wasn't a good run for him as he runs deep in the 11's (11.02 I believe) and he has a GTR as well that I think ran 11.03 with just a tune and no launch! And the reason for the low mph on the GTR was definately the brakes as you can see by the third brake light coming on nearing the traps.

Last edited:

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was probably brackets. The Viper gained a little out of the hole just from his much better reaction time, but that NISSAN isn't stock either to reel the Viper in that quickly. The Nissan hit the brakes a good bit before the finish line to avoid braking out of the brackets.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4