Nitrous Bottle Options

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to learn what options are available for different nitrous bottles.

I hate the look of the standard white bottle. I had my new NX bottle custom covered in black carbon fiber and sealed. Looks great - but the extra coating (fairly thick) won't allow the bottle to sit down in my billet bottle brackets.

I don't like the look of the white looking carbon fiber bottles you purchase from the nitrous dealers since all my other carbon fiber stuff is black.

What other options are available? Chrome? Polished? (a little worried about scratches and maintenance with polished).

Thanks for any replies.

PS. If anyone has standard bottle brackets - I am going to be selling my custom carbon fiber bottle.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the standard white 15 lb NX bottle. Got tired of looking at the scratches on it from the metal brackets.
So I bought the insulated bottle blanket from Albert, the black one with the NX patch on it. Have seen them before where it was embroidered on in purple, looks mutch better than the patch, that is what i was expecting but I got a NX patch.

Either way it looks good on there even if it is not functional.
I think it would look good painted or powder coated yellow or to match the car exterior. But then I was thinking I am going to need differant brackets like the rubber ones that come with the NOS systems.

Do you have any pictures of your bottle covered in Carbon Fiber?
Great idea I bet it looks good. I always thought that NX offers Carbon Fiber bottles?

OP
OP
A

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACELLR8:
Do you have any pictures of your bottle covered in Carbon Fiber? Great idea I bet it looks good. I always thought that NX offers Carbon Fiber bottles? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Following is a pic of my bottle in carbon fiber:

42Carbon_Fiber_Nitrous_Bottle-2-med.JPG

All the NX carbon bottle are a white long weave carbon fiber.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know either. But it is much lighter than the standard bottle. That is why I got it. The looks could be better for sure.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take the brackets to a machine shop and have them mill off a little so the bottle fits ( the ID). It will take longer to program the CNC than to do the job.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony - 98 GTS:

Following is a pic of my bottle in carbon fiber:

42Carbon_Fiber_Nitrous_Bottle-2-med.JPG

All the NX carbon bottle are a white long weave carbon fiber.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW that looks great covered like that! Can't you just fab up some new brackets and keep that bottle?

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about going to Wal-Mart and buying a roll of adhesive backed Velcro tape, use the "fuzzy" part to line the inside of the brackets to prevent bottle scratching?

OP
OP
A

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACELLR8:
WOW that looks great covered like that! Can't you just fab up some new brackets and keep that bottle?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I could - but my brackets have already been installed and I like them too:

42Nitrous_Bottle_Bracket-1-med.JPG

OP
OP
A

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiepilot:
What about going to Wal-Mart and buying a roll of adhesive backed Velcro tape, use the "fuzzy" part to line the inside of the brackets to prevent bottle scratching?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I planned on doing that - my problem is that my bottle won't seat down in the bracket I posted above. If I go with a polished/chrome/painted bottle I plan to add something to the bracket to stop any scratching.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a small bit of padding on the inside of my billet brackets but need to get more. The carbon bottle is smaller in diameter and keeps slipping.