Nitrous experts help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I don't think this board is a great source for info, but why don't you talk with Tom (who has the most experience with this kit)? I'm sure he could have fed ex'ed the stuff again at your expense rather than running all over the place and still not getting the right stuff. He is so familiar with his system that he could probably have set you straight. Sounds like an install problem to me (too much of a coincidence that everything is broken.)

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from the missing parts you have a install problem.

Window switch kills tach = hooked to wrong wire, it needs to be connected to coil pack, not the tach. It also requires a relay.

The check engine light is caused by the temp sensor hook up that goes into the air box, incorrectly connected. You can clear the light by resetting the computer.

The above 2 items are hooked up wrong, so I would imagine that your WOT switch is not defective but rather hooked up wrong as also.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

Sorry I have not been monitoring this board for a few days as I have been in bed, sick. I have though been working via phone with Mr. Venom and his installer.

There are no indications of any faulty parts in the kit. The installer has made a few wiring mistakes that is typical of a first time installation. The good news is that they are re-wiring the car and should have it on the dyno soon. As for his parts getting stolen, thats between him and FedEx..we did our part in an expeditious manner by delivering his entire kit in less than 3 business days.

Another note is that this car, a 650 Venom made only 485 RWHP on a motor only pull. It leaves me wondering if there is other electrical gremlins in the vehicle that may be adding insult to injury. The check engine light can only come on if the air temp sensor or WOT switch is not connected properly and as a matter of fact, this installation(NGP system) does not tie into the air temp sensor at all, which again suggests a wiring problem.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for assistance with this installation. Contact your Viper aftermarket engine/drivetriain builder about the other issues. Once wired correctly and jetted correctly the kit will make advertised power as long as the rest of the drivetrain is working properly.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com
(407) 359-2223

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Korea , sorry to hear of all the problems. When i wasnt getting the right dyno #s from the mods i made at first it really made me mad. got my car running good after installing seans vec. I just installed the BTR nitrous propane system last week. MAN gotta hold on now
smile.gif
with the extra 135 rwhp the kit added.I just installed it in my friends garage and it runs perfectly(i think)You must have paid a lot of money for the shop to install it.If they are nitrous experts why cant they figure out what is wrong with it????If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay them not to complete their job???

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Korea,

Don't worry you made the right choice by going to R&D, Daran is a Nitrous God and knows more about the stuff than anyone. The numbers from your car are what they are, Daran calibrates his dyno jet to give you real numbers he is not interested in giving you inflated numbers as many do.

I am sure if you took your car to any of the dyno jets where people get those amazing numbers your would be happy with the results. But who cares about those numbers its the actual numbers you want not imaginary ones. I have personal experience with many different dyno jets and numbers can vary drastically. Go to the track and then compare your results, if your car is slower than any one of BTR's cars than you can begin to worry. From what I recall Toms personal car has run low 10's @140mph or so. And in a 3400lb car your numbers are right there, so if you can drive it like Tom than you can get the same numbers.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Greg,

Your numbers are still low. The mopar computer is not helping the situation as it attempts to run leaner fuel curve(which we have compensated for with fuel) and more advanced timing which doesnt help either.

In a nutshell you have increased about 160 rwhp and about 190 rw/torque. These numbers are low. Our latest test on a stock viper with this system and an exhaust system netted 710 RWHP and 905 RWtq. Your car is way down on power on motor as well. A HMS 650 should make about 560-570 to the rear wheels.

You will see a rise in torque with higher propane pressure but not where you should be.

I'd look at getting the power up on the motor before I dug into the nitrous system as it is a proven combination, but your non nitrous power is not. Should you have a problem with ring seal or cam timing, you will never get maximum power out of a nitrous system. Nitrous systems are all about jetting and pressure..your jetting combination and bottle pressures should net at least a 200 hp gain on your car.

Feel free to contact me at your convience for further assistance.

Tom

Reaction score
Something is definately wrong with the system. We have tried NOS jets, and a 59 pill should get you around 250 RWHP, also as large as the fuel pill is, its like you were running methonal, and your torque should be through the roof.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine