No more Kumho V700 ?

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was trying to get a set of this tires but they seems to be unavailable.
What's is going on ?

Size 335/30/R18

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a post on here a couple months ago from a guy who said he just bought the next to last rear set that Tire Rack had and he was told they were being discontinued. Since I was going to need new tires very shortly, I ordered my set about 15 mins later. I havent heard anything about their availability since.

GALA-96-GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought mine in January and they had been discontinued at that point. If you really want a set, I would have your local tire stores check their warehouses for sets. That is how I got mine.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Kumho has 2 V700 tires - the VictoRacer and the Ecsta. The Ecsta V700 is sold as a V70A. Which one are you looking for?

I don't see that the V700 (aka VICTORACER V700) is available in any 335 size.
You must be registered for see images

The V70A, (which Kumho also calls the ECSTA V700) is though. A local got a set here a month ago from Discount Tire. They were not listed on their website but they just placed an order and had them a couple of days later
You must be registered for see images

Important Notice: Kumho ECSTA V700 tires must be shaved to 3/32" - 4/32" tread depth for any autocross or track use in the dry.

Kumho advises that the ECSTA V700 DOT-legal competition radial must be shaved prior to use in dry conditions. If this tire is not shaved, excessive wear may occur causing the tire to wear to the cords prematurely in a localized area.

Tire heat cycling will not prevent the excessive localized wear of full tread depth tires but will continue to enhance tire consistency and wear on shaved tires.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come shaving a tire (i.e. removing rubber) helps it last longer? Not doubting it, just don't understand the mechanism. How come is that? :confused:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Shaving & heat cycling

Many thanks for the quick reply. It seems like its more for achieving max performance earlier in the tire's life than for extending wear (though the "squirming" may cause early failure).

'ppreciate it!