No postings for non-Viper owners, thats what I say!!! Admins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moderators,
I think it's time to close, delete, move or "ban" this post! It actually got some responses and a little fire sign on the folder which usually means it gets closed the next day. Does anybody notice that the "kill" posts, "smack" posts and people saying stupid things (like this post) always get the most responses? Then some geezer complains that he is tired of reading the same post over and over and can't seem to find his Zaino tips or posts where merchandisers are hawking their "wares" and the thread gets shut down immediately.

Even though Vipermad took more than his fair share of punishment last week in the infamous thread (another 70+ posts in a day that was shut down) at least he seems to be the only one trying to explain why these posts are getting pulled. Unfortunately, the answer is usually "it wasn't me" or "it got moved". If nobody is violating the 'rules' and a lot of people are responding then leave the **** post alone! If people aren't interested, they'll quit responding.

I'm sure that there are a lot of folks that in between looking for their beloved Waltons reruns on PAX are truly looking for Zaino tips and brake pads with the least dust; I say more power to them! But if they don't laugh out loud when Kid'97GTS drops a scud on somebody then they can avoid that thread.

If that doesn't work then I'll start a petition for PAX to run a Matlock Marathon to keep the censors busy.

WAR PAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suggest we recognize those that contribute funds to run this site (I believe part of our VCA dues pay for this, right??) vs. those that just benefit from it or contribute to it. I keep hearing the push for new members, so let's advertise their committment to the VCA.

If I am correct in the assumption that dues pay this site, let's give those VCA members a "V" in their "Registered" area (left side of their post) . If you own a Viper and don't pay dues, you get a viper head. If you do both, you get both.

I don't think we should bar anyone or put up a special area for members only to post. It might get real boring there -- if you look at the visitors vs. board members posting, it is usually 2 to 1. Anyway, most of these visitors wouldn't be here if they weren't interested in one of the best sports cars on the road.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
All these suggestions and comments are extraordinary! We've addressed these issues many times in the past, and I have "campaigned" previously for a method of clicking a button that would allow you to display ONLY those messages that come from VCA members (wasn't available on the old site, Tony, maybe now?).

This would be the best of both worlds, as everyone would be able to post, but if anyone wanted to just see those posts that "belonged" to members, they could.

The big problem is administration, as now we would have to maintain a database to confirm all VCA members, and each day/month/year have to "upgrade" each person with their new status.

Remember, I'm saying VCA member, NOT Viper owner (as that would be almost impossible to confirm without an unreasonable amount of faxed paperwork).

By the way, there was only one comment in this whole thread that I clearly disagree with, and that one had mentioned that VCA membership doesn't have its' rewards if a local region "isn't active". Your VCA is constantly working for YOU. Here's just a few of the "Perks" of membership: Viper Magazine, VCA Notes, This Website (yes, we actually own our own servers now), Zone Rendezvous, VERY EXCLUSIVE AND UNIQUE RAFFLE CARS, Discounts from vendors, exclusive track time and most important, Your consolodated voice in speaking to those Daimler/Chrysler powers that will help you have more opportunities to enjoy VOI's, special events, and hopefully, a faster chance at grabbing a 2003 Snake!

And as far as your region not being active, what better way to change that issue than to get involved. I have yet to meet a VCA President that wouldn't be ecstatic if a member said he wanted to become an event coordinator!

jim93rt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess I'm out of luck I'm too old I'm too fat I'm too short My car is too old It's too slow Not enough mods I'm depressed, I'll just have to leave work, take my car and my clubs and go play some golf Thanks for showing me the error of my ways Bye now

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all in favor of making the site more complicated. And "members only" couldn't be a more applicable term for this dedicated exclusionary section. I'll be eagerly watching the message icon glossary for the addition of a "secret handshake" graphic.

Reaction score
I think only I should be able to post.

I must admit that this is the best UBB I have been on. . . There isnt so many people that I have no idea who is who. Other UBBs you see a person post then you never see them again. . .

I like it.

You must be registered for see images

Keith

Reaction score
I think only I should be able to post!

Here's my 2 cents

I must admit that this is the best UBB I have been on. . . There isnt so many people that I have no idea who is who. Other UBBs you see a person post then you never see them again. . . Leave it the way it is.. .Unless it gets out of hand of course. I dont hang out at Ferrari forum because ferraris are ***. (Hi Timmy
)

Keith

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been mostly lurking, when I can get here, but thought I'd sound off anyway ;-)

1. Limiting access would be a huge mistake, not only for traffic, but it would make us look like a bunch of elitist snobs and frankly do a lot of damage to the goodwill that most Viper owners try to spread about our cars and fellow enthusiasts.

2. I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you don't like a post, DON'T RESPOND. IGNORE IT. It just drives me crazy that people will jump through hoops to control other people's expression, rather than the simple expedient of just tuning out the stuff that is offensive or boring or stupid or whatever.

3. Why do you think people post inflammatory comments? To see the only thing more stupid: REPLIES. I don't know if it is to get attention or notoriety or what, but if you would not respond, the offensive behavior would die on the vine.

4. Here's another and more egalitarian approach: No posting without meaningful and real ID information. I put my real name up and most real people put up meaningful information. I really don't get the need for using a "handle" like we are using CB radios, "good buddies," if that handle is used to the exclusion of real identity and to gain some kind of anonymity. If you think you need anonymity because you are about to write something that might incite others to violence, perhaps you really should not make that post. Or perhaps we should make sure people can find you ;-)

OK, I think I may have already started to violate one or more of my own rules, so I'll sign off.

Keith Verges - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.