Noisy windshield

heatandair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all I would like to say that last week I sold my Gen I and upgraded to a 2001 Gen II GTS. It is a whole other car with how smooth it rides (I love It). My question is that while driving the car home I got a loud whistle coming from the windshield at about 80 MPH I could stop the noise by pressing really ******* the inside molding around the windshield. Does anyone else have this problem and should dodge fix this under warranty without a fuss? My car only has 2,000 miles on it and I am the first owner.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a thread about this a while back. There were a few that had the same problem. I would guess that this should be covered under warranty and should be fixed or else it could lead to a messy situation if you drive it in the rain. How difficult a task this would be, Pete the ex-glass guy would know, but I imagine it is rather involved and could take a while. If I remember correctly, the strip around the window can only be obtained with the window, so if Dodge has to replace rather than readjust the seal, there could be a long wait for the new glass to come in.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete the (ex) glass guy here......sorry you are having a problem with your windshield. I have heard guys say they've had this problem before. My advice would be to let Dodge isolate the problem first, since the car is still under warranty and they should stand behind something like this. In any event, it's not a big deal. The pressure you are exerting on the molding from the inside is probably indicating a small air leak somewhere and this can be fixed easily. The Viper has a urethane-set w/shield like all new cars. It is glued in with a rubber strip on the outside purely for appearance purposes. That strip does NOT seal the windshield from water, etc. The urethane makes the seal. If Dodge doesn't give you satisfaction, a quality glass shop in your area can fix it for you. If I can be of any further help, email me. Pete the ex glass guy (and hot rodder)

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 1 of the few.
My car was a little worst,was NO urethane on both sides and ONLY 2, 1 inch long stripes at the top.

Make sure if they have to pull the windshield to reseal it that thet have a spare windshield in hand,good chance they will break it during removal.

also since the dealer will sublet the job,tell them that you want the work done in front of you at your home,office,etc,like that you can make sure that they do it correctly.

Luc.00GTS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joebrett