Not a good day....

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
more than likely I have a bad connecting rod or spun rod bearing...that's the consensus I got from the many people that have looked at it....developed a very loud knock today...just dropped the car off at the dealer...from what I've been told it will require a rebuild.....09 ACR with 3600 miles

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My engine is at Arrow right now for the same thing. The good news is everything I hear about their rebuilds. Seems like most people end up with a better than new engine. ***** not having it to play with while it's down though.

OP
OP
G

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My engine is at Arrow right now for the same thing. The good news is everything I hear about their rebuilds. Seems like most people end up with a better than new engine. ***** not having it to play with while it's down though.

Sorry to hear....How long did they say it would take?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been without the car for a while now, but that's the dealership's fault. I spoke to Arrow today and they said their "board is clean" as far as warranty work, so mine is going straight in. Their standard time quote for the actual re-build at their shop is 2-3 weeks, but since they are slow, they should be done much quicker.

btw...if you call them with any questions of anything, they are EXTREMELY nice and professional.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow...didnt realize a few of the 08 and up engines wear being replaced...good luck to a fast fix..and my 03 srt10 is a arrow rebuild and for what ever reason has always seemed a lil faster than it should be...The car was running even with a stock C6Z06 when it only had the arrow roller rockers and kn air intake and dynoed around 460 rwhp sae

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gilly, sorry to hear this, if it had to happen, too bad it wasn't another couple of months when the weather turns up there. I saw Bernie @ Tomball in June, he said there have been a few Gen IV failures, thought he said cylinder #5 was most common. Arrow will build it with more hp, gen 1's and 2's usually pick up 20 hp or more, my gen 1 sure did. Best wishes, hope they turn it around quick!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness