Not just Vipers

bdherh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted you guys to know that Vipers are not the only cars they are selling at deep discounts. I went to a BMW store yesterday to buy my wife a 328 convertable. I saw on the showroom floor a 2008 black, brand new M3 convertable on sale for $54500. That is $10000 less than invoice. The 328 was $52000, so guess which one I picked. Very nice ride I might add.
They had 2 backup offers on it so my timing was right also.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a buyers market right now.I hope you purchased the m3 , we love ours..
P9231036.JPG

OP
OP
B

bdherh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I bought it. It is the wifes car, so I was originally wanting an automatic, but the thing shifs so smooth, she liked it. But, she learned how to drive a stick on a '90 300Z turbo I bought her back then, so she can drive some fast cars.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BMW earned in 2007 >3 Billion Euro
In 2008 only 300 million.
90% down!
They export(ed) a lot of cars to the US and that business is really slow now.

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never had anything but trouble with the two new BMWs I've owned - a 330xi and an X5. Both were (and in the case of the '07 X5 - are) far inferior in the reliability category to any other manufacturer's vehicles I've owned, having made more service trips to the dealer than I care to count. BMW holds a unique record in my book as the only new car that left me sitting on the side of the road 5 days after purchase with a boiling radiator (BMW blamed the suppier of the thermostat, which also didn't instill confidence in me by not taking responsibility for the whole "BMW Ultimate Driving Machine" car, but now approaching it on a piecemeal basis as a supplier problem).

I truly hope you enjoy your M3, and based on the fact that it is a special car, I expect BMW took some extra quality controls on the vehicle. As for my standard-fare BMWs, I've been burned twice, and won't be back at any price. My relatives in Regensburg are not pleased ;)

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 2001 bmw m roadster--decent car---definately not as fast as bmw advertised in the 0-60 but a nice driving car. My brother had a 2002 530 I thinK?--total piece of ****. Never in my life have I had a worst customer service experience than with bmw--I mean horrible service----worse than chevy and that is saying alot.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Story on the cover of Automotive News today, "Imports join incentive wars to curb growing inventories". Couple of examples from the story, $10K dealer cash Land Rover/Range Rover, $10K dealer cash Jaguar XJ, also said BMW spent $5,097.00 per vehicle for February incentives.

OP
OP
B

bdherh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess everyone can have good/bad experiences with a brand. Her last car was a Lexus GS. It was in the shop all the time with various problems, and we all know Lexus products never have issues . Prior to that she had an E500. It was even worse. We had a BMW 530 back in 1998 and it was an excellent car. I guess we will see with this one.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike! I should call it "the Skittles garage." I just need an Orange ACR to complete the collection. :)