NY Auto Show Yesterday...Impressions

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen V has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated...it is truly stunning. The front end European styling notes and retro GTS rear are really beautiful. It's still a Viper, but obviously evolving from the in your face attitude. The Stryker Red pearl coat (close to candy apple), couldn't have been a better reveal color...nothing else at the show came close for eye candy. The car was on a revolving railed off platform, and I couldn't see the interior, much less sit in it.

I was surprised to see both Gen V's in the Honda display area, causing many people to ask 'who makes it?" I was asked, and replied Chrysler...?

I briefly talked to a young SRT representative, and asked him about stripes. He whipped out an ipad and showed me the ordering information, which suprised me! If I wasn't in such a rush, I would have written it all down, but he told me it was available on DriveSRT, but I could not find it there today. All the colors being offered were there, but did not see GTS Blue, or SSG...can't remember if Silver was listed.

Stripes offered were dual stripes only, and only in Black, Silver or the new Blue color...which was a real big surprise!! There was lots of carbon fibre (all of which was on the reveal car), wheels (including matte or painted black...did not see a black gas cap), GTS interior, track package (I asked what it included...he said suspension tweaking and special tires). Sorry I didn't do a better job remembering all details. He did say that the ordering info he had was subject to changes.

I asked him what was the Gen V Viper's market, and he replied what do you think? I said Corvette, and he gave a big smile.

On the personal side, I feel dual stripes (rather than a single stripe) may be too busy, and take away from the cars beauty, but need to see what SRT comes up with. The wing on the racer looked naturall...but on the GTS, I feel the same as my preceeding comment on the dual stripes, especially if you are a street driver.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21