O2 spacer for Gen IV

Rolling Thunder

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saw this at Viper store. Anyone using this with stock ECU and headers to avoid any CEL? Would this cure the O2 wire shorting issue that some have commented on with the Belanger headers?

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
We tried a couple different ones at the request of a customer and they rubbed on the insulation in the sill enough that I would guess they would wear through eventually, we never had a chance to see if they actually work.

OP
OP
R

Rolling Thunder

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. Have you noticed issues with wires shorting on the Bellangers and can suggest a fix? It is my understanding from other posts that CEL unrelated to wire shorts can be fixed by clearing the code and driving a little more spirited? Do I have that right?

deadman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Belanger setup. Yes, the wires short and there is not much you can do about it, because it's a function of heat rather then geometry.

The wires short when the insulation compound in O2 head gets melted so - as a function of vibration - wires would get pulled up a little and expose uninsulated parts and then its only a matter of time for them to touch and cause short. BTW reverse gear solenoid is on the same circuit so when you get O2 CEL and can put gear in reverse easy you are not shorting, it's something else.

For now I am using Denso O2s which seem to have little more robust insulation at their head and so far so good. Definitely skip the OEM crap.

P.S. External insulation of O2s and cables doesn't help, I do have that well done and it was no help. The heat goes from inside.