Oct. 10th, 2010 OLIVER WOLCOTT TECH CAR SHOW

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Event Dates: October 10, 2010 - October 10, 2010
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]October 10, 2010 10-4 PM, 75 Oliver Street, Torrington, CT.
*Prizes *Trophy's *Dash Plaques First 100 Cars *All Types of Cars Welcome *Foreign, Exotic, Custom, Hot Rods *Concession Stand *Great Food *Chicken, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Fried Dough, Baked Goods and more *
$10 to Register Car
ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE OWTS FOOTBALL TEAM.
Call 860-480-3694 for information.
[/FONT]

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is some more info, from Mike, who is planning the event, and has planned a scenic cruise, lunch, dinner, and a show for those who may want to arrive on Saturday and stay overnight:
On the morning of October 9, 2010 everybody who is coming up can meet at my house at in Harwinton, CT, at 10:00 AM. Then we can take off for a nice scenic cruise and end up at the Boulders Inn (The Boulders Inn, New Preston, CT, Litchfield County - A New England Inn with lake view, private beach and mountain, fine dining, a spa suite and more) for lunch on Lake Waramaug. People could stay at either the Yankee Pedlar Inn (www.pedlarinn.com) in Torrington, CT or the Litchfield Inn (www.litchfieldinnct.com) in Litchfield, CT where everyone can get refreshed. Then we can get together for dinner and a show (
Ethan Bortnick, a 9-year-old composer, song writer, actor, and musician) at the Warner Theater (Warner Theatre: Your Destination for Arts, Culture & Quality Entertainment!) in Torrington. The car show is from 10-4. There will be a special category of trophy for vipers. If anyone is coming the day before for the cruise can they please let me know a few days before so I will have a heads-up. Please let me know how many Vipers are coming I will rope off a big enough area to accommodate everyone.

Mike

It's beautiful countryside up in Litchfield County with rolling hills and curves, I have relatives up that way. If you can come a day early and stay overnight, I'm sure the cruise and lunch, dinner, and show will be well worth it. Anyone who is going on Sat. and staying overnight, pm or email me and I'll give you Mike's address and cell number if you need to contact him or have more questions.

Jimmy (bluequadcab)

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending on Sat:

Attending on Sun:
*** BLK/1
Chazz/1
Lou
Rich L
MKTaxMan/1
ViperTony

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending on Sat:

Attending on Sun:
*** BLK/1
Chazz/1
Lou
Rich L
MKTaxMan/1
ViperTony
Jimmy
Steven/Maria

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oliver Wolcott Technical High School

75 Oliver St, Torrington, CT 06790

Attending on Sun:
*** BLK/1
Chazz/1
Lou
Rich L
MKTaxMan/1
ViperTony
Jimmy
Steven/Maria
Lbstone
DJ

CT Meeting Spot 9AM:
Means we're leaving @ 9AM sharp
Blue Colony Diner
66 Church Hill Rd
Newtown, CT 06470
Exit 10 off I84

2nd CT Meeting Spot 9:30AM:
John F. Kennedy High School

422 Highland Ave
Waterbury, CT 06708-3497
From 84 West:
Take exit 18, stay right at the fork, you'll double back along the highway, then stay right to go right onto Highland Ave., the school will be just after the 4th street on your right.
From 84 East:
Take exit 18, take a left at the end of the ramp onto Chase Parkway, take your 4th right onto Highland Ave., the school will be on your right just past the second block.

Events after the car show:
Some members are going karting by Viper Tony's
Some members are also heading to:
Lenny's
Indian Head Inn
205 S Montowese St
Branford, CT 06405-5232
They are having 10 wings for $10 special to benefit a close friend of a member who required reconstructive surgery to her face after a domestic violence incident. The full $10 go to a fund to help with her medical bills.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending on Sun:
*** BLK/1
Chazz/1
Lou
Rich L
MKTaxMan/1
ViperTony
Jimmy
Steven/Maria
Lbstone
DJ
John & Debbie

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there plus one. May not make it by 10, so if there's any way to save room thanks in advance!

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SlateEd: I'll be there plus one. May not make it by 10, so if there's any way to save room thanks in advance!

got it!

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending on Sun:
Mike/1
*** BLK/1
Chazz/1
Lou
Rich L
MKTaxMan/1
ViperTony
Jimmy
Steven/Maria
Lbstone
DJ
John/Debbie
Ed/1
Mike/Beth

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...what a beautiful day for a cruise!!! I had a great time and it was nice to see everyone. I somehow won "Player's Choice" trophy but not surprised because even Torrington knows Yellow is best. :D What a sinfully fast drive to OnTrack karting after the show. I literally had a blast cruising cruising down there with Chazz, Rich and Ed. Did anyone hook up with lbstone for wings? I *think* Steve/Maria followed derek down for wings. Jimmy....nice to see to you and let me if you want to borrow my PorterCable orbital...I'm telling ya'...it'll buff right out. :2tu:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great turnout! I think I counted 15 Vipers at one time, some would leave and others would show up. Congrats on the trophy Tony, see you just have to get that bumble bee out to more events! Thanks to the New Yorkers and the Island People for making the trip! If you can buff it out for me Tony, have at it! We had 4 Vipers leave for wings and ended up with two more! Besides wings I had the seafood combo and others had steak, swordfish steak, and other yummy food. We were all ready for nap after. Before heading home we took a scenic cruise along the Branford shoreline, it was very beautiful!

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see all the cars for 5 or 10 minutes :D
Great day for a drive, we stopped by the carting after the show and had a smooth trip back down the Merritt.
Here's a SLIDESHOW

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy & Adrian,
Just want to thank all the viper people for coming out and supporting our football team.  All the spectators really enjoyed seeing that many vipers in one spot.  I really want to thank you for all the effort you put into getting all the information out to everyone and organizing that.  We'll do this again next year and maybe we will see even more members next year. 
Would you please forward this e-mail to everyone that attended?  I don't have their addresses. 
Also, I will be attending the event on 10-17-10.  
Once again thank you very much.
Mike  

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't take many pictures, was kind of pre-occupied with other things while there, but here is a slideshow of what I did get.:OWTS 2010

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper