Of the limited yellow srt

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have good pictures of the Yellow SRT ?

If you are speaking of the VCA SRT, good luck. I toured the plant five days ago and there was not a SINGLE VCA SRT built. Not one. Two rolling chassis on the line, but CAAP didn't even have the body panels or interiors delivered yet. This is fairly typical of the "just-in-time" factory/supplier relationship that the Japanese (and Germans) perfected. The only VCA SRT parts that you could see were the wheels - and they were very nice. If anybody would like to buy me another $220 airplane ticket I will fly back up there tomorrow and take another look. Otherwise you may need to wait a few weeks (plus two days) to see it with the rest of us. Sigh...

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The following is not a flame or criticism----but I guess when a new color comes out people have to flock to it. I got the millennium yellow on my 02 z06, which was the hot,new color for 600.00 bucks extra. The next year everyone had to have a blue one. It seems the only color that this won't happen with is "burnt orange" When all is said and done the yellow vette just reminded me of a banana. To each, his own. All I want is the performance and I wish I could order primer black or grey from the factory. Then I wouldn't worry about scratches or swirls

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The following is not a flame or criticism----but I guess when a new color comes out people have to flock to it. I got the millennium yellow on my 02 z06, which was the hot,new color for 600.00 bucks extra. The next year everyone had to have a blue one. It seems the only color that this won't happen with is "burnt orange" When all is said and done the yellow vette just reminded me of a banana. To each, his own. All I want is the performance and I wish I could order primer black or grey from the factory. Then I wouldn't worry about scratches or swirls

Interestingly enough, yellow has been one of the most asked-for colors since the SRT was first announced. The Fast & the Furious 2 only strengthened that desire for many. Don't be surprised to see yellow as a production color in the near future.

With the Viper still a hand-built limited production car, one of the biggest attractions of years past has been different colors in limited runs. Colors such as emerald green, silver (Gen II), white, sapphire blue, steel gray, and graphite have all been limited. Looking for a black GTS? Then you have to get a '99 or an '00. Want a blue RT/10? Look hard, there were only 53 made. Outside of red, only the black RT/10 was produced for more than two years. All other colors were produced for only two years or less, thus each was very limited. Even the yellow of '01 & '02 is a different shade than the two years yellow was made for the RT/10 in '94 & '95. Hopefully the yellow for the SRT is also a different shade (prefer the earlier yellow myself). Quite frankly, if I had not been able to get my first GTS in black, I probably would not have bought a Viper - and same for the SRT-10.

Since then, PVO/SRT has seen fit to stick with the same colors on the SRT for 2005 (red, silver, & black) which make them all three-year runs at least. Not good. They have tried to "spice it up" with the Mamba Editions, of which white was very popular and quickly sold out. Again, a limited color. The Black Mamba (see my other post for pictures) isn't selling as quickly despite limited production and a beautiful color combination. Why? It is still the same exterior color as numerous '03, '04, and now '05 Vipers. Should they announce that they will discontinue a color like silver or black, then watch as people snap them up while they can. While you will never see Vipers on the streets like you do Vettes, the owners still like to have a relatively rare car. A lot of one color in a local club will scare other members off from buying that color.

So imagine my horror when not one, but FOUR yellow VCA SRT's were drawn in Kansas City. The good news is that one will see few miles and usually on the other side of the city, one will be tracked most of the time, and the third will either be driven sparingly or forced on the market by a wife that doesn't like the color at all. That leaves just one yellow SRT that will get some serious road time in our area. Guess who? :2tu: Oh yeah, and I will clarify that I am not a "bright color" guy on cars. Black, black, and black are my favorites, followed by dark blue. However my sons both think yellow is awesome, as does my wife. I want the car for the performance, so they can go ahead and dictate the looks...

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
---and the third will either be driven sparingly or forced on the market by a wife that doesn't like the color at all.
Hey, wonder who that is? I just know I am going to see ole yeller and love it.

I'll turn up the charm a couple notches.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
---and the third will either be driven sparingly or forced on the market by a wife that doesn't like the color at all.
Hey, wonder who that is? I just know I am going to see ole yeller and love it.

I'll turn up the charm a couple notches.

In speaking with your bride way back when, you might want to set the charm at least five notches higher... ;)

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yellow will be offered to clear out all the SRT-10's once the coupe is announced. Probably gonna see 5,000 CASH BACK ON YOUR NEW VIPER COMEEEEEEEE ONNNNN DOWNNNNN TO CRAZY EDS VIPER SELL OFF-A-RAMA!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key with these is there should be ZERO driving other than from the Reliable trailer to the garage, and then over to the Gaylord Texan (however they plan to manage that). Realize that they are semi-collectible (very limited production) and a lot of folks want as few miles on their cars as possible (permanently). The other issue is break-in, as they are supposed to avoid high revs for the first 500 miles. While I have utmost confidence in you, most folks aren't so conservative and think it would be fun to "play" with a Viper the way many owners do AFTER proper break-in.

Finally, there is the issue of accidents. I don't know the most recent figures, but I think it was something like 38 Vipers that never made it back from the dealership to the owners house because they were wrecked. The car has a tremendous amount of torque that can put you sideways without the slightest bit of notice. I can only imagine the wrath unleashed by one of these 50 new owners if their car were wrecked before they even saw it. You will have to contend with my wife for starters... ;)

Oh yeah, and hopefully there will be no dealer prep other than *maybe* a quick rinse. A lot of guys use their own brands of waxes and polishes. And a few of them will undoubtedly be applying them at VOI. Some dealers have good prep, others use the same towels that just finished up with the dirt & gravel encrusted Jeep. Not good.

BishopTx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While we drool -- and this msg is likely to be missed with as much jaw dropping as I expect...wow those look sweet..

ahem, back to question. I did a search but could not find a succint answer --

other than the gorgeous yellow, what is special about this VCA version?

thanks
Chris

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
other than the gorgeous yellow, what is special about this VCA version?

Yellow center console bezel, smoked wheels, VCA graphics (outside and in), yellow stitching on seats, yellow Viper logo on seatback, custom covers, and who knows what else!