oil leak for over 5 years??

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a slow oil leak over the past 5 years. It has just one or two drops of oil on the garage floor each time. I have had the oil pan replaced and torqued over a dozen times, with no luck. I just want the leak fixed, but seems to be no answer, any help?? It is still under warranty, which will end next month, but they cannot find the problem?Are there no good mechanics around anymore? It is at Grapevine Dodge in TX if anyone know anyone there, but not sure if that will help. Seems like most mechanics these days rely on their computers, rather than turning a wrench?? Any suggestions??

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried taking it to a different dealer, and have they used a "dye" to locate where exactly the leak is coming from? There has to be a good Viper tech in the DFW area...

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've had the same problems with my street rod pickup. it can be a nightmare. i used engine dye and a blacklight to find most of them. you can buy the dye at napa.

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same type of leak on my 97 GTS. I replaced the oil pan and timing cover gasket. Now I'm good. Dont over torque the oil pan as that is a thick gasket with plastic in it that will crack if you over torque it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me do my best Jon B. impression. THE YEAR MATTERS!! What year Viper? GTS or RT/10? I'm betting on the timing chain cover gasket, but they were only a problem on certain years. And just for the heck of it.....HALF of all advertising is WASTED.

Signed,
Jon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery