OK for LEO's to drive a Viper?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: OK for LEO\'s to drive a Viper?

Nothing remotely illegal about owning/driving a sports car of any kind, so why not? Every car manufactured today will break the speed limit, so the "message" is moot.

To play devil's advocate....insinuating that "Vipers are bad" (or any other hi-perf. sports car) is like saying that "guns kill people". It's propoganda designed to incite a negative, albeit illogical emotion towards an inanimate object. I'd wager that most of us behind the wheel of our Vipers are more attentive to the road and surroundings than Soccer mom on her cell phone with 6 screaming kids in the back, the DVD player going, and the dog riding shotgun.

ETA: oh, and this probably should have gone in the pit, or General. ;)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is okay for cops to drive Vipers, but it is NOT okay for cops to ticket people who drive Vipers!

G

grcforce327

It is okay for cops to drive Vipers, but it is NOT okay for cops to ticket people who drive Vipers!

Can I get an "AMEN" !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It is also NOT okay for the cop car to be a VIPER, its just not fair to the ricers and vettes :shocked:

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

nothing personal, but this might be the dumbest post I've ever seen. cops are people. I think people de-humanize them so they are easier to hate.

what's so special about a VIPER anyway? I drove way faster on my Suzuki Hayabusa, so should cops not ride bikes?

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder if this guy is a cop and he was just thinking out loud? just seemed like a funny question to me.

I used to ride (motorcycles) with a federal agent in california, you should have seen how fast the state cops run away when a federal agent shows his badge.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Perfectly fine. There are a few police officers on this board with Vipers. I know of at least one in our local club.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why not.

Just remember to let me tag along for those high speed cruises..... :2tu:
You might be better to have than Valentine 1! :headbang:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

cops are people. I think people de-humanize them so they are easier to hate.

That's only because so many cops dehumanize people... not all, but one is too many. Unfortunately, the number is significantly higher than one.

OP
OP
C

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, just think about it a little. Yes, all cars are capable of doing over the speed limit, but a Viper is much more capable, and has a Hooligan reputation.... unlike any other vehicle ( much more so than a Ferrari or Vette or Porsche)

It"s kinda like a EMT owning a Hayabusa ( or any motorcycle, for that matter)

Yes, they are human ...but people could ( and do) say to them " you should know better"

If I was an E R physician, I probably would not ride my motorcycle to work at the hospital cause I would get tired of the comments from staff and patients.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd prefer cops to have Vipers. That way when they clock us for speeding they'd understand that if you're in a Viper, speeding is forced upon you by the sound of the engine and the pull of the torque telling you to "GO FASTER!"

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

It is okay for cops to drive Vipers, but it is NOT
okay for cops to ticket people just because they drive
Vipers!

Reads better like this:

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd wager that most of us behind the wheel of our Vipers are more attentive to the road and surroundings than Soccer mom on her cell phone with 6 screaming kids in the back, the DVD player going, and the dog riding shotgun.

I AGREE 100% :2tu:

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I thought you were talking about astrological signs... I'm a Leo and I think its ok for me to own a Viper... :2tu:

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am in the police academy and I own a Viper. Can I still play? :nana:

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the question should be regarding a red Viper, I've always heard the police frequently tickets red cars knowing they are the fastest, that's why I got a black one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4