Ok, This will start a fight!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RT/10 screams "I will stomp on your head and squish out your guts if you don't get out of my way!"

The GTS screams "I've already killed the rest of your family, you're only alive because I'm reloading!"

Both are awesome, just in their own way...

D

dano

The RT/10 screams "I will stomp on your head and squish out your guts if you don't get out of my way!"

The GTS screams "I've already killed the rest of your family, you're only alive because I'm reloading!"

LOL....

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some people think some of us bought GenI's because that's all that we could afford, but some of us bought them because that's what we always wanted. I could have bought any VIPER, but I truely love the GenI. its crude and rough and not for everyone.

I have my opinions about what looks better, but stay Gen I or Gen II and you'll be a parade all by yourself, they are all great cars!

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"some people think some of us bought GenI's because that's all that we could afford, but some of us bought them because that's what we always wanted. I could have bought any VIPER, but I truely love the GenI. its crude and rough and not for everyone."

Wow, someone else who gets it!

That said I like to look at the GTS but drive the RT/10. Can't go wrong with either one though.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some people think some of us bought GenI's because that's all that we could afford, but some of us bought them because that's what we always wanted. I could have bought any VIPER, but I truely love the GenI. its crude and rough and not for everyone.

I have my opinions about what looks better, but stay Gen I or Gen II and you'll be a parade all by yourself, they are all great cars!

Gen I's aren't cheap cars in my mind, for as old of a car it is and there still selling for 30's and up is not cheap to me. Who ever is telling you that is all you could afford, Give them the BIG middle finger

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gen I's aren't cheap cars in my mind, for as old of a car it is and there still selling for 30's and up is not cheap to me. Who ever is telling you that is all you could afford, Give them the BIG middle finger

In fact, give 'em both middle fingers and a swift kick in the ****. The Gen-I cars are the original bad-asp.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT 10's...I constantly get compliments from GTS owners after riding behind me in there GTS's on how low and wide the car looks and how iconic it looks. So, I will have to agree, the rt/10 is the icon and can't touch it. Find a roadster that even comes close on looks...

But this is too funny!!!...

"The RT/10 screams "I will stomp on your head and squish out your guts if you don't get out of my way!"

LOL....
"

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't heard that from anyone other than guys on this board...its just funny how well some people know strangers. I've driven both and feel at home in the Gen I.

regardless, a VIPER is a VIPER. to me, the VIPER I remember as a teenager is the red RT/10 with sidepipes, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing a GTS on the road either!

is the top (or lack thereof) on an RT/10 a pain? sometimes. is it worth it? absolutely. do I sometimes wish I had a GTS? only in the winter or when its raining. but I'm so happy I have an RT/10 when the temp is above 65...

D

dano

Vipers hold their value...

I bought an '02Z with 7K miles for $33K three years ago. Just sold it for $29K with 21K miles and some mods ($2K).

The lower end (price wise) Vipers I looked at only began at $33K and I ended up forking out alot more than that when I found the 10 year old GTS I wanted. I'm not rich and had to juggle some things to make this work.

We should all feel fortunate to have any Viper.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Both are awesome, just in their own way...

hahahahahaa!

:headbang:

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well the reason I bought a gen 1 was very simple................ There was no such thing as a Gen 2!

Oh yea the gen 1 is by far the best .............. everybody knows that. :D

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
To be quite honest - I'm getting tired of the posts that try to divide Viper owners. For those that ACTUALLY own a Viper - we all share the common heritage. After that, it's all personal preference! RT/10, GTS, SRT, Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3 - who cares - it's ALL GOOD!

I also don't understand those that don't like a particular mod, color change, dolphins, (OK scratch that - dolphins have no place on a Viper), etc. - and go out of their way to criticize. I think it's great that the Viper is rare as it stands - and yet am happy to see that people will add something extra to make it even more personalized.

To each his own and it's a great thing to own ANY Viper. Let's support each other and have fun sharing in the Viper experience.

Merry Christmas!

PS - Gen 1 Red Vipers are the best! :D

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When a batch of Vipers pull up to a filling station together... people tend to group around the ones that are blue with white stripes (96-97 GTS, 97 RT/10, or 06 SRT-10). Not sure if blue/white is to poeple like a street light is to a moth or what, but that's what I've seen for many years.

After that, the people wander to Copperheads, and then any other car with stripes or a wing (year and model do not matter) :)

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RT/10 is ugly, GTS is bad ***!

And the SRT is?? :rolleyes:

It could be ugly to some, to others its quite a sight, mine is badazz. :laugh: In all honestly I could really care what others think of the cars I drive or mods I do to them, as I don't buy them based on others opinions. I find it amusing that others seek to get approval of a certain type of car from people. I may post pics of recent mods I have done to my car, but I am in know means seeking validation from anyone. I stand by my original statement, the RT/10 is ugly to me, the GTS is badazz and the SRT is a sweet looking car. I would however take a first year RT for collector purposes, not to drive though.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having owned 2 GTS, a RT/10 and a SRT/10. My experience has led me to conclude that the GTS seems to get a bit more excitement out of the general public. :D

There is NO doubt that all versions of the Viper, simply put "kick ****"! :headbang:

I only wish I could own 1 of each! :D

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT/10 is ugly, GTS is bad ***!

And the SRT is?? :rolleyes:

Faster than either of them.

LMAO!!! :headbang: I thought my RT10 looked the most aggressive when I had it but the more I look at my new SRT10 I think maybe I was wrong. BUT WHO CARES IT IS JUST GREAT TO OWN ANY VIPER!!! :nana: :nana: It is not like a corvette one on every corner, 10 in my neighborhood alone but only 1 Viper in my town so people just trip all over themselves trying to see any Viper and don't even take a second look at a vette. :usa: :2tu: :D

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had a pair of RT/10 back in the old days.....not many coupes on the road yet......the RT/10 ALWAYS drew a crowd....

today, the GTS always stops traffic....a clasic beauty

I have owned several of each generation and still prefer the GTS over any Viper made from a "looks only" standpoint.....it will be the classic of it's time

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson