Okay, I got pics for the people who emailed me..before and after pics

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my viper before it was lowered.

You must be registered for see images

After pics when it was lowered. I have had no problems yet scraping or bottoming out. I do think I will raise it back about 1/2 " just to be safe. As gerald may think..it's a "Homie's" ride slam to da ground! he!. I just have to come at an angle at times when going over speed bumps..but other than that..no problem. Car seems to corner better too.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much better lowered but those 17 inchers look suspect...
You are in serious need of some wheels, dude!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes, Jason..I know I need wheels. I'm hoping to get the Kinesis K58 18" wheels and That way I won't have to raise the car back up 1/2".

Tom..yo! yo! my naassss making homie! heh!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LIKE !!! The wheels are fine in my opinion......thats a ....ah....what the $4,000- $5,000 question, and that wing will make a nice tailgate table at VOI
smile.gif
Did you decide to go to the drag racing?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lil SchueyWrote: I hope you like the aesthetics because that car isn't going to handle any better than a UPS truck. Nothing like only generating downforce on one end of the car and killing suspension travel, camber curves, roll axis, etc...

I like the look of it, but I was wondering about the handling abilities too. I've gotten good at taking my suspension off my viper now. I can do all four sides in 1 hour. The ride is a little stiffer, but not too bad. It does feel like it handles corners better, but I want to know more about what you said it not handling better than a UPS truck. Now at the sametime I'm not whipping around streets corners doing 140mph either.

I used stock springs. I had 3 sets in the garage, so I decided to take my dremmel tool and cut the springs. The fronts are lowered about 1.75" and the rear was lowered about 1.25". I got the car aligned with no problems. If I don't like them, I can just slap on the original springs real easy. I may try out the adjustable coil over shocks down the road. Give me some insight on the performance side of it.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
Lil SchueyWrote: I hope you like the aesthetics because that car isn't going to handle any better than a UPS truck. Nothing like only generating downforce on one end of the car and killing suspension travel, camber curves, roll axis, etc...

I used stock springs. I had 3 sets in the garage, so I decided to take my dremmel tool and cut the springs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me your kidding about cutting the springs Adam?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yep..I cut them..but no heat was generated from it. I had water on them. I wanted to see what it looked like with the spare set of springs I had laying around.

So tell me the down faults of this?...I would like to know. Either way..I am going to keep the Viper lowered with the adjustable coil overs or keep the springs I have on for right now. I'm serious when I say that the ride quaility is not much different.

One more question...would this slow down my 1/4 mile time by having the cut springs? considering..the take off from the starting line was good?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's the thing...I'm NOT bouncing around. My ride is a tad bit stiffer...but it feels the same as the eibachs I've used on numerous cars. I've tried this car on bad roads with no problems of bouncing. What else is the down fall?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nope not offended at all. Hopefully my response didn't come off as defensive....I'm new to this suspension stuff...and kind of wondering with the lowered Viper if my ET times were effected by this mod. I haven't done the 1/4 too much, but my times are higher..which is not good. I don't think the wing is to blame too much.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony, I went to the drag in Commerce GA. I was looking for you, but I will not be able to make it to the VIO.7 drags. I will be up early on Thursday in time for the parade. Give me a shout soon.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the lowered look. The wheels look fine. I was wondering if you've taken the car over a speed bumps?

Max

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Adam,
Well done, great job! Looks awesome. However, I have to agree...new wheels please
supergrin.gif

Cut springs?!?!
Enjoy!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove my last 94 RT/10 around for about 2 years on cut springs. Didn't notice a thing different except the great looks.

I wasn't tracking or road racing the car either. Just normal everyday driving..

Gerald

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I've gotten good at taking my suspension off my viper now. I can do all four sides in 1 hour.
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One hour!! That sounds pretty amazing.

Love the look, btw...
cool.gif

tradin1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my rims, the car is lowered with the eibach springs.

<FONT COLOR="red">Vipermad was here!!
smile.gif
</FONT c>

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tradin1:
Here are some pics of my rims, the car is lowered with the eibach springs.[/COLOR]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

tradin1...is your car lowered with JUST Eibach's

or Eibach's and spring caps?

That looks to be a little more than a 1" drop! I have some Eibach's coming in this week and NEED to know! LOOKS NICE!

tradin1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx, that is just the Eibach springs. I don't have any problems with bottoming out, or scraping. I would defiantly do it. As for the spring caps, I don't think that it is nessasary, but to each their own. Let me know which way you go, and post pics...