Okay, need some help here!

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm sure someone on this board has disassembled a non-power side-view mirror before. Please - What's the trick? Is there a special tool to remove the mirror or something?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mirror is on a base. Just turn the mirror(like someone bumped it). That will expose 2 bolts. Remove and it comes off.

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mirror is on a base. Just turn the mirror(like someone bumped it). That will expose 2 bolts. Remove and it comes off.

Thanks for the quick reply 99, but I want to disassemble it, not remove it from the vehicle (which, incidentally, I have alreeady done per the factory repair book). Unfortunately, the stinkin manual does not have any info on taking the mirror apart, which is what I want to do in preparation for paint.

Thanks again,

Mike

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't done one on a Viper, but usually the mirror is attached to the back plane by simple sliding latches. You have to carefully pry the bottom of the glass with a screwdriver wrapped in cloth out towards you. Looking in, you should see how the latches from the mirror latch onto the backplane. Then just push up and the latches should slide up and out.

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't done one on a Viper, but usually the mirror is attached to the back plane by simple sliding latches. You have to carefully pry the bottom of the glass with a screwdriver wrapped in cloth out towards you. Looking in, you should see how the latches from the mirror latch onto the backplane. Then just push up and the latches should slide up and out.

Boy, it's tough to see in there, but I'll take a look. Thanks Uly.

Did you get to see Niz off before he headed for hurricane harbor? :)

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Boy, it's tough to see in there, but I'll take a look. Thanks Uly.

Did you get to see Niz off before he headed for hurricane harbor? :)

No, been out of town myself. He'll definitely be missed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang