Ometer 8243 Factory Fit NAV/DVD Replacement Stereo Headunit.

rosco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have iGo 8? I have iGo Primo 2.

the new one came with igo8.3 it has 3d features which i shut off, cant see street numbers with the buildings in the way. raised highways are kind of cool but not a deal breaker.

sundaybuy.com still has them if your link is broken, they ship theirs with a rear view camera. but they dont do free shipping.

was playing with the old unit on a bench. the bluetooth on the old unit does not require a code and it autoconnects even after it is powered down and turned back on. it works like it is supposed to. phone autoconnects as soon as the unit it turned on. putting the old unit back in the car. the autoconnect for the blue tooth and an external mic works better for me than a better UI for the radio or a better built chassis. function > hardware quality for me.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the new one came with igo8.3 it has 3d features which i shut off, cant see street numbers with the buildings in the way. raised highways are kind of cool but not a deal breaker.

sundaybuy.com still has them if your link is broken, they ship theirs with a rear view camera. but they dont do free shipping.

was playing with the old unit on a bench. the bluetooth on the old unit does not require a code and it autoconnects even after it is powered down and turned back on. it works like it is supposed to. phone autoconnects as soon as the unit it turned on. putting the old unit back in the car. the autoconnect for the blue tooth and an external mic works better for me than a better UI for the radio or a better built chassis. function > hardware quality for me.

Yea I was going to reorder one after the updated information, but with the the bluetooth functionality problem I'm going to wait.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered one today from the Sunday place. Do you guys remember how long it took to arrive after you placed the order? Total was 457 with shipping.

speedfreak99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered one of the omt-8243 's from aliexpress
I paid $ 468. there are ones for more money on this link but that is just for camera and back-up sensors.Thx for all the great info from all the members on this site !

Last edited:

speedfreak99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks the same i can still change my order hmmmmmm.........only diff is see is brand and model they are calling it . specs look same . i am going to email the contact i messaged today from the site and ask.

rosco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This looks like the same unit for $342 shipped...... anyone know what the difference might be?

this is the old unit. look at the buttons, they are differant.

sundaybuy took a few days to bench test the unit before they ship them but delivery was fast. when i got the tracking number emailed to me it showed up the next day at my door. 3 days tops.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is the old unit. look at the buttons, they are differant.

sundaybuy took a few days to bench test the unit before they ship them but delivery was fast. when i got the tracking number emailed to me it showed up the next day at my door. 3 days tops.

I had him send me pictures of the actual unit...I cannot seem to upload pix right now.... but the front and back look exactly like the pictures you posted...the back is even the billet looking aluminum with the RC jacks in the backplate.....

I think I am going to order it and see what happens.

rosco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had him send me pictures of the actual unit...I cannot seem to upload pix right now.... but the front and back look exactly like the pictures you posted...the back is even the billet looking aluminum with the RC jacks in the backplate.....

I think I am going to order it and see what happens.

then its the new unit. old unit had a 13 din plug with 7 or 8 rca's hanging from it.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One difference.... the Ometer one they said they would include North America maps and a 2GB SD card.... are those two items worth an additional $60 or so?

rhallman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What link and site are people actully ordering the units from? Ive seen several posted so far, and do you order with or without the CAN bus? Thanks...

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the unit and now I get an email asking for a picture of my dash. I thought it was a strange request?? I sent back an email asking why they needed this. Answer back to me they want to make sure it fits. Again, strange since I ordered the one listed for the Viper and that is what it would be installed in. Oh well, picture sent so I'll see what I get.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been following the thread with interest, but I am a little confused. Which one is the newer/ different version? Do they differ in physical size, or features? Which one is which? Do some of you guys that put in one version, now wish they had gotten the other version and why? Love reading the posts from you guys that are 10x as ''techy", as I am.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the unit and now I get an email asking for a picture of my dash. I thought it was a strange request?? I sent back an email asking why they needed this. Answer back to me they want to make sure it fits. Again, strange since I ordered the one listed for the Viper and that is what it would be installed in. Oh well, picture sent so I'll see what I get.

Interesting - This place isn't based outta Nigeria, by chance? :dunno:

Let us know how it goes - You going to Austin for the Round-up?

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting - This place isn't based outta Nigeria, by chance? :dunno:

Let us know how it goes - You going to Austin for the Round-up?

Yes, going to the Round-up. I will be there Friday morning and hope to have the unit by then. I'm not sure if they ship from a US warehouse or if it has to come from China on a boat? Looks like the one shown at SundayBuy, where I ordered mine, is the older style. It has din plug with the RCA's. I hope it's just an old photo and I'll get the updated one.

Chemeng

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, order without CAN bus. I ordered mine last week, but hasn't arrived yet. Yes, they asked for a picture of my dash too. I've worked with China quite a bit, so did not find the request unusual. From reading the posts I believe the difference between the old and new units are cosmetic. New units seems to be better built - with the exception of Bluetooth. Rosco states that the new unit does not automatically connect to his phone so he is re-installing the old unit. Also keep an eye on the wiring, they are out of phase. If anyone needs help with installation in the Louisville area send me a message. I am new to the Viper world, but have tons of electrical and mechanical experience.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually the first that I know of to have installed one. Mine was the older style and I had to trim the inside of the dash to make it fit properly. The trimming was a 2mm straight cut, nothing significant. I am glad I have this version as the bluetooth connectivity seems better than the new version, and the iGo software seems to be the more premium version. (iGo V8 vs. iGo Primo 2).

Either way it is great. I drove the car to work today for the first time this year and a coworker complimented the setup on our way to lunch.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received email tonight that my order should be on the way. It takes up to 3 days for order to be ready to ship and 5 days to US. So up to 8 days before it even hits the states.

rosco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the unit was at my door two days after i recieved the tracking number. not gonna take 8 days. i reinstalled the old unit because of the blue tooth. going to play with the new unit now. not alot of support out there for Windows CE devises other than gps conversions.

MoreBeer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a veritable ton of information on the Pioneer AVIC forums as it relates to one of their Windows-CE powered head units, the AVIC F-Series (www.avic411.com). I have an Pioneer F720BT in my Tundra and it also runs WinCE and is highly modifiable... The community has released after market ROMs/Images for that unit that make it so much better than the stock Pioneer firmware. They've been working on different versions of iGo and different frontend applications, but I've got mine set almost exactly how I could ever want it.

I think all Windows CE units have what they call "Test Mode" where you can put some files on a Micro SD, power the unit up with that card in, and you will get a full Windows 95-looking desktop and an onscreen keyboard. This is where you can copy files or modify system .ini files to do stuff like bypass parking brake settings/etc.

$450 is out of my price range for a stereo in the Viper, but $350 or so would be OK. I never use the radio when I drive this car! If someone wants to sell a used older model or has a link for that eBay special, drop me a PM.

-mb

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to give you a second point of view. I'm not all that thrilled with my unit. The interface is really bad. Changing sources is a bear. And just try to select a song from an sd card while driving... Impossible. The gps seems a bit sluggish as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery