One Year on the Supercharger

DB/Paxton SRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have now had my supercharged SRT10 for one year. I have logged 2500 trouble-free, fairly hard miles. It was back on the dyno at DC Performance almost a year to the day later. The horsepower curve was superimposable...650 rwhp which is probably 720 hp at the clutch. I just had the Hurst shifter installed, which is a phenomenal upgrade. I love this car. I am waiting for a new Z06 to pull up to the light. :headbang:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same setup, and the same results.

It is simply amazing how an aftermarket system that produces over 200 bonus horsepower can be so streetable and trouble free.

Roll-ons with stock vipers simply pull away effortlessly.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey DBPaxton/SRT,

Ever do Crystal Cove on Saturday mornings?

Let me know.

Dan

OP
OP
D

DB/Paxton SRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually live in Crystal Cove, the development behind the shopping center. I have been down there a few times. Quite a collection, but you see tend to see the same Ferraris and Lambos every week. Let me know if you are going and I'll try to get up early. A couple of Black Supercharged Vipers would make handsome bookends.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am curious as to how you can limit yourself to so few miles in a year.

I'm in IA and since June I have driven over 5700 miles and will be putting the car away when the snow and salt hit the roads. I can't imagine how you could drive your car so few miles.

OP
OP
D

DB/Paxton SRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a cardiologist, and I just can't see doing the am/pm commute to allow my car to sit at the hospital and have inconsiderate doctors ding my doors, or worse, park it at my office and have little old ladies with Lincoln Continentals back into the fender, as happened to my Audi S4 a few weeks back. No, I prefer to take it out for a long sprint on the weekend when it will be moving, not sitting. I could drive it daily, but I have more respect fot the car than that.

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DB, I have the same setup, except the Hurst shifter. Need to find a car with that shifter for a test drive. Everyone that has installed it raves about it. The Paxton w/3.55s has really enhanced my SRT experience - it seems to be just right for the street and small cross country drives. Love it when the crotch rockets cannot bury the SRT at freeway speed rolls. You can "feel" the look of amazement from under their mirrored helmets. LOL

Red, just out of curiosity and not to flame, could you explain for me why it is beyond your imagination that someone drives the car they paid for differently than you drive yours?

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is hard for me to imagine not driving the wheels off of the car ONLY because the Viper is so much fun, dependable, and such a pleasure to drive.

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sarkis, there is certainly no argument there. It really is a sweet car that is a pleasure to drive. I have 17000 miles on mine in just over one year, and it's NOT a daily driver!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96