Orange SRT's

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Orange SRT\'s

This maybe a repost,sorry if it is.One of the 2005 SRT's colors is going to be orange.And no more black,at least for the 05 srt-10.That is why the 200 black mamba's are coming out at the end of the 04 run.Again,sorry if this is old.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Orange SRT\'s

I love orange. Anyone have a pic? Did they offer orange in the past (Gen I or II)?

Chad

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Damn good looking pic.I would stand in line to get an orange car.Great pic.No,never offered orange before.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I, for one, would like an official comment on the 2005 colors. I am going to assume blue is out and will be shown for the coupe version. Thanks.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Flat organge doesn't excite me much. It seems just a variation on red, and I'd say to cut red and not black if you are going to add a flat orange.

But it would be cool if it was a metallic orange, like this McLaren F1:
You must be registered for see images

That color would spice up the SRT-10 Viper a bit! :2tu:

-Dean.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A metallic orange / copper similar to the Plymouth Prowler Orange of a couple years back would look awesome

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I am with you Wayne, as the Prowler Orange was one of the best colors ever for that car -- in fact it was my personal favorite. A Viper in that metallic orange would be fantastic!! ( IMHO ) :headbang:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At least the deep orange looks better than the TN Vols Viper! or it could be covered with basketball material?

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am with you Wayne, as the Prowler Orange was one of the best colors ever for that car -- in fact it was my personal favorite. A Viper in that metallic orange would be fantastic!! ( IMHO ) :headbang:

Agreed. How 'bout a limited Copperhead Edition. :2tu:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, it was early when I posted that. I was looking for the red-orange metallic Saleen S7, but then found the McLaren in my search. So sue me.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I love the pearl metalic orange that lambo puts on the Murci's and Gallardo's.Very nice.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Starts a whole new debate: why do we still put up with only three or four color choices? There is no additional expense for the suppliers of the Viper body panels to paint them different colors. Only color match between the parts would be an initial quality issue.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't mind the yearly limited choice for color on a low production vehicle. It may in fact help keep used values higher as people buy more based on color than on year of vehicle. Think about what a 96 Blue/White GTS would bring in if you could buy the same car in 98,99,00,01,02... you get the picture.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't mind the yearly limited choice for color on a low production vehicle. It may in fact help keep used values higher as people buy more based on color than on year of vehicle. Think about what a 96 Blue/White GTS would bring in if you could buy the same car in 98,99,00,01,02... you get the picture.

The flip side of that arguement would be that if you offered a huge variety every year, there would be less made of each favorite color. The total might be the same over the long run, but instead of 500 red 500 black and 500 silver, for any given year the numbers could be 100 each of 15 different colors making them more rare 'by model year'. I had a solid red 02 GTS and was told it was one of only 150. Rare red! Less produced than FE cars. My memory my be wrong about the 150, but it was a low number.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score

guh...that orange is freakin ugly...thats the wrong color for that car. I agree with the metallic red like the F1, but not that ugly ass tropicana

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

(drool) The Saleen S7 -- my favorite car in the world! Ahhhhhhhhh. To buy a condo, or a car. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

In 10 days, I will have one of each Viper Generation in my garage. Woooooo hoooooooooooo!

Manny

OK, it was early when I posted that. I was looking for the red-orange metallic Saleen S7, but then found the McLaren in my search. So sue me.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny, you know you could buy a Saleen with the money you have in those 3 cars, more or less?

Chad

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny, you know you could buy a Saleen with the money you have in those 3 cars, more or less?

Chad

I don't love the Saleen S7 THAT much! Weird as it may seem, people have asked me what kind of sports car I would like, and to be honest, I really, really love the Viper. I think it looks bad ass and it has kick ass power. The Ferrari 360 is nice, but it looks too docile. The cars I really enjoy like the Saleen S7 are just ridiculously priced -- so much so that people would probably look at you as if you had a kit car. Now if I personally banked millions of dollars per year, an S7 might be in order. Until then, I am happy with these Vipers.

Manny

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, with all that the Viper offers (especially looks and performance), it is hard to justify the multi-hundred-thousand dollar cars. What do you think it would cost to get an S7 to 1000 horse?

Chad

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why doesn't Dodge bring back the old Muscle-Car colours? Green and Purple, like on the Cuda's.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes to the orange, if in the shade above, and I do hope black goe's away, as these cars are not made for it.

Skip

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only thing i like about the black is that you do not see all the body seams! they look great in the show rooms where someone dusts them at least twice a day! Plum Crazy might be good though the Hemi orange would be quite outrageous also

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang