Ourisman Chantilly Dodge

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't even change the oil right. Got in a pinch Saturday and needed my oil changed. My regular Viper tech at Springield Dodge was off, so I figured what the heck its just an oil change. So I took it to Chantilly. I don't know what inspired me yesterday but I decided to check the oil level and found that the car has been overfilled by at least a quart if not more. The oil looks dirty too so I suspect it wasn't drained completely during the change or the Viper tech didn't bother to change the filter during the fill and then added the normal change capacity.

Long story short, the car is going to Springfield in the morning to have done what should have been very easy to have done right in the first place, and my car will never ever go back to Chantilly. The Viper tech at Chantilly must not have had the wherewithall to check his work by pulling the dipstick afterward. That or he did and didn't care :mad: For those of you who think the best of this guy start checking your dipsticks after service.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can't get my Viper to Tator's I do the oil changes myself. Very easy and great peace of mind. I trust no dealer in CT.

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can't get my Viper to Tator's I do the oil changes myself. Very easy and great peace of mind. I trust no dealer in CT.

Would have done it myself too but got oil change coupons as part of the deal when I purchased the car. Now one has been wasted by incompetence....

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow- I am surprised - Dwane is well liked by several owners - I wonder if he delegated the task to an underling?

Did you bring it up to him?

Nope - Just took it to my regular tech at springfield and got it changed again. Just a hassle to run all the way in to town for something I thought I took care of on Saturday. My tech was a bit surprised as well, but he confirmed it was a hosed job and took care of it at no charge. Didn't see any underlings around my car in Chantilly, just the tech.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,

Please check under the General Viper Discussion section, Mark Jorgensen posted a message for you. I assume he didn't PM you. Sorry to hear the oil change got botched. Next time, call me and perhaps we can make arrangements to bring up to my house. (I have a four post lift)

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,

Please check under the General Viper Discussion section, Mark Jorgensen posted a message for you. I assume he didn't PM you. Sorry to hear the oil change got botched. Next time, call me and perhaps we can make arrangements to bring up to my house. (I have a four post lift)

John - Thanks for pointing out Mark's post. When I run out of oil change coupons I may take you up on that offer about the lift.......

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,

Oil change day at John's house!!! :rolaugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte