Owners of Sean Roe Superchargers Please Read!

S

SUN RA KAT

I found out that people are contacting me about their problems with detonation with the Roe Supercharger and not contacting Sean Roe.

Please contact Sean if you have detonation problems or any other problem with the Roe Supercharger. We lucky people of the first group of Roe Superchargers are getting a big discount to help Sean work out any problems - but you need to contact him about any problems about this great supercharger system so he can improve installation instructions or get a better handle under what conditions any less than perfect performance occurs so he can find a permanent cure. This is a breakthrough system and is very close to perfect, but to have it be perfect you must contact Sean with any comments or ideas for improvements or discovered problems that you might have

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Kenny.

As many people know, getting the MSD timing controllers on the cars with ping (detonation) was a reaction to what we began seeing after more kits got out there. It was not a planned addition. It is, in my mind, a temporary solution as the MSD controllers make their adjustments with a fairly wide brush stroke and are not so good at the fine adjustments (takes out timing in areas we don't need it taken out from). Some cars are needing different adjustments to the VEC1 and MSD boxes to get the right mix, otherwise power output will be low or ping can remain.

I leave this coming Sunday to work on what will be the long term solution. If it doesn't work out (though all indications are that it will), we have a back-up system on standby.

We appreciate the feedback the Supercharger system owners are providing us and their patience while we work to improve the electronics. We're still waiting for more MSD boxes to arrive for those that need them.

We're pushing the second production run release date back into late January, or early February. This is to allow us time to finish the new engine management system and take care of the first run customers.

Best regards,
Sean

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm. The only Viper in our shop is our R&D GTS. The last installation we did was about a month ago. The only real problem we've had is the ping on some cars (mainly 2000 and newer, though 91 octane gas isn't so great on earlier ones either) and the slow shipping time from MSD on the boxes.

Speaking of MSD boxes......
They have promised us that they will be here next Tuesday. They will be going right back out the day they arrive (at no charge).

Sean

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 12-04-2002 at 07:25 AM</font>

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of post is that Silkey? You must work for the competitor. Any viper owner that is smart enough to afford a viper is also smart enough to see through that post.I wonder if you even own a viper by that post. Why post that crap unless you have exact examples. Unless your post is a thinly disguised jab at Sean.
My car runs great so now we can start the meltdown countdown clock you speak of.

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>that there is no way the fuel system can support it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean's system is low boost (5psi). Sean has learned from other's mistakes (or maybe he's just really intelligent) and settled on 5psi as the right number for a reliable DIY system with the stock fuel system and larger injectors.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silkey:
its funny in a way.there are rumors where i live that say up to six vipers are in your shop to be repaired because of blower problems.even one person who works in that field says your kit wont last 500 miles before there is a meltdown,that there is no way the fuel system can support it.i am just getting tired of all the negative comments these (experts) are saying.i have delt with you before and your services are first rate.is there anything you can tell us pro-roe people to give us a little ammo to fire back at them?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif

I now have over 1200 miles on my GTS since the Roe Charger has been installed and I have been pounding on it the entire time. My engine has not melted down, its just alot faster.

You stated alot of things, how about listing facts:
what 6 cars are getting fixed because of problems?
Who are these so called experts making these statements?

My guess is that you are just trying to stir the *** and Give Sean some bad press.

Nice try, no one is buying that "SF Bay Bridge" from you.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto on that if the "mechanic"left your engine torn down and walked away,well he needs to keep on walking any one who knows these cars and the basics of a S.C would not get frightened halfway into a job,not to mention what does it say about his profesionalism,sounds to me like he bit off more than he could chew or there is more to the story than we are reading,i have installed four roe S.Cs two on my personal cars and just purchased another from this board today,and can say these cars ranging from heavily modified to stock have had nothing but GREAT things to say about this product,other than my cars my money is one of my most prize posessions and i dont let go of it very easy, i wish i could stock them on my shelf.so my advise let your mechanic keep walking and sell me your roe S.C
supergrin.gif
problem solved

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silkey, that post makes no sense at all. If your engine is "torn down," then I assume you're going to do some other upgrades to go along with the blower, and Sean's setup was not tested nor was it designed for a car with major engine work. Which is not to say it won't work well, and in fact a couple of people have already used it with heads/cam or stroker combos with good results. But if you do something like that, you've got to understand going in that you may have increased risk and be prepared to deal with it. It sounds to me like your "mechanic" is worried you'll fry the engine and blame it on him, even though in his view it may be the blower's fault. And AFAIK no one has had any problem with the blower system other than the detonation Sean mentioned, which has not caused any engine failures. Sounds like you need to find a new mechanic.