PA Grand Canyon/Fall Cruise - October 11th

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PA Grand Canyon/Fall Cruise/Poker Run is scheduled for Saturday, October 11 th. Lodging will be at The Hampton Inn in Williamsport. Special arrangements have been made for secure overnight Viper parking for both Friday (Oct. 10) & Saturday (Oct. 11) evening. Plans are to depart from The Hampton Inn, 140 Via Bella in Williamsport promptly at 9:30 AM on Saturday. Our travel will take us into Wellsboro where we will enjoy a buffet luncheon at the historic Penn Wells Hotel. After lunch you can either drive your Viper, or, hop on board Tony’s Tioga Trolley for the ride up to the Canyon. A per car fee of $50 will be charged for this event. $25 will go towards the luncheon with the other $25 going towards the poker run.

There are just a few rooms left in the block previously reserved at The Hampton Inn. Don't delay making your reservation. We share this date with Homecoming @ Lycoming College as well as Parent’s Weekend @ Penn College, both in Williamsport. Therefore the cut-off date for the special room rate is SEPT 10th. Other than our block of rooms, this hotel is completely booked for the weekend of this event. Reserve your room early to avoid being disappointed.

www.hampton-inn.com/hi/williamsport
Phone: 1-800-HAMPTON or their local number is 570-323-6190
Group Code - VPB
2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed Room, - $125.00 (non-smoking)

Contact Ginger for additional information. Email - [email protected] or 607-426-0837 (cell).

Also, for planning purposes, please let Ginger know if you plan to attend this event.

Thanks!
Denny

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't missed a canyon cruise yet...always a great trip:headbang::2tu:

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some updated information regarding the hotel booking for the Grand Canyon cruise. Denny & I stopped in to the Hampton Inn in Williamsport on Saturday to check on the block of rooms we have reserved for October 10 & 11. We were informed that all 10 rooms for both nights have been reserved. :omg: HOWEVER, :) if you would like to spend either night (or both) at The Hampton Inn PLEASE LET ME KNOW as soon as possible. It is highly possible that some rooms from another organizations block will free up later this week. I will keep a list and contact the manager towards the end of the week. If your name is on my list, I will let you know if something opens up.

Thanks again,
Ginger ([email protected] or 607-426-0837)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't heard back from our two new members yet, one only lives about two blocks away. Will try and make contact with them this week.

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather is looking great for this cruise!

Saturday

Oct 11
You must be registered for see images
Clear Hi: 67° Lo: 49°

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody interested in driving up from the Harrisburg area Saturday morning, let me know. I will be leaving from Harrisburg no later than 07:00. Don't miss out, this is always a great event:2tu:

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the new members here. Wish I could attend as this would be my first event with the club. Unfortunately I will be leaving on a business trip this weekend. Hopefully timing of the next event will work out better. Hope you all have a great time.

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! Sorry you can't join us for this cruise.
I'm not sure that I have your address, etc. Could you please PM me with your name and address for newsletter purposes.

Thanks!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody interested in driving up from the Harrisburg area Saturday morning, let me know. I will be leaving from Harrisburg no later than 07:00. Don't miss out, this is always a great event:2tu:

I would, but right now its questionable if I can attend... Something is leaking at a rate of 2-3 cups of power steering fluid on the garage door. Does not look like the hoses are bad. I'll be spending time tonight and tomorrow under the car to solve the issue. It may be the reservoir... If thats the case, I'm out....:mad:

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far...15 Vipers and sunny skies are in store!:drive:
Due to a cancellation, there is one hotel room hanging, but we need an answer SOON.
ANY TAKERS?????????????? GIVE ME A CALL - 607-426-0827

Ginger

BriansViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denny & Ginger:

Thanks once again for an awesome run!!!! As usual the two of you went above and beyond to make things happen!!!!!!! Beautiful scenery on the run. Lunch was delicious. Who else would ever have thought of hiring a guard for the Vipers? NO ONE!!! :headbang: Nice to spend the day with such an awesome group of friends. :2tu: We always feel like part of the group even though we are out of our area. Thank you Pa.for always making us feel welcome. :) Looking forward to your next event... Did I mention what an awesome event this was??? :rolaugh:

Penny & Brian

TRUCKS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL:mad:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your kind words Brian & Penny. We Viper people do have a great time in PA don't we !?!?!?!?! Glad that you joined us and enjoyed your time. You are more than welcome to party and drive in PA with us anytime!:2tu:

Ginger

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay tuned for photos of this cruise. They should be posted here later today. For now tho, there are a few posted in my album. More to come later.

Last edited:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a blast! The planning and execution of this event was FLAWLESS thanks to Denny and Ginger. The day was beautiful, cars were beautiful, and what great friends!!! A few of our photos below:

Snakes warming up at the hotel before the trip. A few noses are still cold. :)

Shopping at Woolrich

Fall colors everywhere!!!

The PA Grand Canyon

The cruise back to the hotel...what a nice, lengthy, and scenic ride!!!

This may be the last our snakes are together until spring as the snow will fly very soon. What a very memorable event...out with a bang in 2008! Can't wait till spring.:2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT shots Brian! Thanks for posting!:2tu:
That may be the LAST time a few of those snakes are together!!!! Some will be in hibernation as they have been (or will be :dunno:) replaced with new '08 snakes! YIKES!!!!

Ginger

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi