Paint correction on a GTS

jc411

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paint correction is A LOT of hard work and worth every penny ...

passenger side uncorrected
You must be registered for see images attach

driver side corrected
You must be registered for see images attach

those of you who are just "waxing" your car arent really doing much because you will still see swirls and scratches in the sun...

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya....check out my posts on wetsanding my RT/10. For the paint on my car and my views of what it "should" look like, wetsanding was the only way to go...other than just taking the car down to bare fiberglass and totally doing over the paint!

Let me know if you want to see before/after photos.

Peter

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%, they say it is 85% in your prep work and 15% what last step product you use.

I used Menzerna Ceramic Polish P085RD and my Flex 3401 on my GTS to remove any swirls before I Zaino'd it.

Brian_Brice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%, they say it is 85% in your prep work and 15% what last step product you use.

I used Menzerna Ceramic Polish P085RD and my Flex 3401 on my GTS to remove any swirls before I Zaino'd it.

More like 99.9% prep (depending on who is preparing the car) .1% LSP. I could apply a quilt of lsp's to the same car after polishing to perfection and after going through hundreds of worth while lsp's not even I can tell the difference.

I have had vp's for companies show up on a job my former colleague and I were doing, asked him which panel had his product as lsp, and which had a very different product right next to it. He didn't even answer, he changed the subject.

I've seen a 7k wax sitting next to a 35 dollar wax with not one human eye in the building (some of the best detailers in the business mind you) being able to differentiate the panels. Ultimately ingredients are important, but for the diy'er I wouldn't get caught up in the lsp debate, it's just wax.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like 99.9% prep (depending on who is preparing the car) .1% LSP. I could apply a quilt of lsp's to the same car after polishing to perfection and after going through hundreds of worth while lsp's not even I can tell the difference.

I have had vp's for companies show up on a job my former colleague and I were doing, asked him which panel had his product as lsp, and which had a very different product right next to it. He didn't even answer, he changed the subject.

I've seen a 7k wax sitting next to a 35 dollar wax with not one human eye in the building (some of the best detailers in the business mind you) being able to differentiate the panels. Ultimately ingredients are important, but for the diy'er I wouldn't get caught up in the lsp debate, it's just wax.

You must be registered for see images

There are quite a bit of products and techniques that you can use to get you paint to perfection, but prep is what is going to make your paint pop. OTC products are okay for those who really don't have the desire to do it right but if you want professional results, you have got to use professional methods and supplies. I preach this stuff all the time and kind of approach paint correction Yoda style...

"Do or do not! There is no try!"

Just one of my projects:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How do I find a great detailer in my area? I want to know for sure the guy is great before I give them my car.

I have to give Brian major kudos! He was in my garage all day yesterday and is coming back today...my car looks like it just rolled off the line! I couldn't believe the swirl marks and tiny scratches when he blasted it with high intensity light. After a few hours he did it again and you couldn't really see anything...AND THAT WAS JUST AFTER POLISHING IT...NO PRODUCT AT ALL!!!

I can't wait to see the finished results! I've been taking pics and video of the process, so I'll post them up when he's done. He's here in Central VA, and I'm sure he's willing to travel...he's as big a car nut as most of us around here!

Brian_Brice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I find a great detailer in my area? I want to know for sure the guy is great before I give them my car.

If you tell me where you live I will send you to the right guy, if I don't know of someone in your area, you can just add the flight and hotel on top of the bill and I will personally detail your viper.

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As a keen DIYer I also use the Menzerna range of polishes.
I use Blackfire products for glazing, waxing and sealing.
Fab polishing results and photos Junkman2008. :2tu: