Paint the dash bezel and center console???

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to paint the dash bezel to brighten up the interior of my silver 03. Should I also paint the console piece or just the dash piece? I am on the fence. Pics of both ways would help. Thanks again for opinions on all my current threads--I know I have been asking for a lot of opinions lately. I do appreciate your input, otherwise I would not ask. This is a great club. Thanks. :drive:

Ripper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paint Both !

Black or even silver in your case to bring in the exterior
color of the car would look good.

Here's mine

BEFORE:

You must be registered for see images

AFTER:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been wanting to do the same thing and paint the gauge openings in GTS blue. Like a 1:33 car dash, but blue.

Bruce

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paint all three. I'll post photos later nut Towdawg did his and it motivated me to get it done. Looks awesome.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here ya go. I did the basically everything that was black plastic to match the exterior.

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! Did you have to do any special prep to the pieces or just paint them?

Thanks! It was really simple for me. WHile the stereo shop was having to mould the new head unit and radar detector in, I told him to get it all painted and then I left for the Dominican for week. When I got back, it looked like this. See, very simple!:lmao:

Seriously though. I don't know what prep work was required. He had a guy that owns an automotive paint shop pick up the parts and paint them. It's the exact same color code as the exterior with a few coats of clear and sanded. I would would recommend letting a paint shop do it, because it was just like painting a car. I do know he used some sort of "flexible" primer designed for plastics.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh-oh, red thinks they're faster than everyone now?
It was one thing when you were bickering back and forth with the yellow drivers. Us silver guys just sat back and let you battle for second place.
Are you trying to move up the ladder now? :)

audiowhiz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the black painted pieces. It dresses up the interior and isn't "too much or too flashy", IMHO. Another thing that just got on my mod list now :lmao:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! It was really simple for me. WHile the stereo shop was having to mould the new head unit and radar detector in, I told him to get it all painted and then I left for the Dominican for week. When I got back, it looked like this. See, very simple!:lmao:

Seriously though. I don't know what prep work was required. He had a guy that owns an automotive paint shop pick up the parts and paint them. It's the exact same color code as the exterior with a few coats of clear and sanded. I would would recommend letting a paint shop do it, because it was just like painting a car. I do know he used some sort of "flexible" primer designed for plastics.

Just had mine done and my painter had to sand off the soft/ rubbery finish. I guess he was afraid or didn't consider a flexible primer. Mine are a medium Grey metallic which like the Final Edition Vipers ARE THE FASTEST of ALL colors. Sorry:D

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice interiors. I'm curious if anyone makes the piece behind the steering wheel in carbon fiber.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to paint the dash bezel to brighten up the interior of my silver 03. Should I also paint the console piece or just the dash piece? I am on the fence. Pics of both ways would help. Thanks again for opinions on all my current threads--I know I have been asking for a lot of opinions lately. I do appreciate your input, otherwise I would not ask. This is a great club. Thanks. :drive:

Here is a pic of my '04 (silver), I believe the original owner had it painted. I like the look a lot better than the stock black plastic. I think Dodge also did this for one of their commemorative editions. The paint on mine has developed a small crack just forward of the shifter, so I will probably have to have the console piece redone at some point (or learn how to paint myself). :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the look-see. Are those full roll-bars??? What is behind the roll-bars??? Anyway, looks quite good!!! :)

George,

My guess is, it's a CF toneau cover. Similar to what Andy Wheeler (flatout) has on his Viper, pictured below. Steve @ Vipair sells them. I am considering a 2-piece version of it for our SRT/10. When you finish your paint job, I think this and a CF dash would look great on a silver car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George,

My guess is, it's a CF toneau cover. Similar to what Andy Wheeler (flatout) has on his Viper, pictured below. Steve @ Vipair sells them. I am considering a 2-piece version of it for our SRT/10. When you finish your paint job, I think this and a CF dash would look great on a silver car.

Thanks Slithr. I will look at it and bookmark the page on Vipair. This is the best club in the world!!! :)

Jon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the look-see. Are those full roll-bars??? What is behind the roll-bars??? Anyway, looks quite good!!! :)

They are an aftermarket bolt-in type roll bar done by the original owner. They aren't a true roll bar in that I don't believe they offer any additional protection beyond the factory roll bars, just a cosmetic thing. As others have already posted, the thing behind the roll-bars is indeed a Vipair carbon fiber speedster cover. (pic attached)

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang