Painted Snake & 6 Point Seat Belt

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 Point Seat Belt & Painted Snake

100_6225_edited-1.jpg

100_6235.jpg

100_6224_edited-1.jpg

A few pics of the Snake Oyl 6 point seat belt on my 2006 coupe and the snake painted on the hood insulation pad.

The first pic is the Snake that I painted(silver color) on the pad with high temp paint. Not perfect but it turned out better than I thought it would. It took a lot of time with the tape but it beat paying 500-600 $ for a pad already painted.

The 3" Snake Oyl Belt is nice and can be easy tucked aside when I want to use the stock belt. I probably will get the belt for the passenger side soon. Pic 2 & 3 are the belts with and without blue shoulder pads. I may take the pads off.

I will be taking the Viper to the Somernites car show in Somerset Ky this Saturday afternoon. In the morning those wanting to do so will go as a group to the drag track.

I do plan to drag(weather permitting) the Viper this year. I will post the times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for comment JohnK

Its been a little while since I was at the drag strip. Maybe some of you that drag can give me some advice. I run the Hoosier A6 on the rear-a very sticky fast heating tire. Don't know yet just how much to heat up the A6's for the first run. The compound of the tire is so soft that in warm weather it should not take much heating up. Believe me when I take the car out in warm weather for a little running all I have to do is spin the tires in the drive way just a little and the Viper is ready. Goes straight as a arrow and just a hair of a spin in 1st with the SC the 3.55 gear and light weight fly wheel. No fish tailing in any gear under wot.

Last edited:

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like they won't require much heating at the track, just a short burnout to heat/clean them off before heading to the line. Best of luck.....

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing is the 1/8. I much rather go with the 1/4. I believe the Viper would like 1/4 a lot better.

The drag Saturday is in Russell Springs about 38 miles from Somerset. I am really having second thoughts on the 1/8 and concentrate on the 1/4 at Beech Bend next week end. Ill see what develops.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has any one painted the snake on the hood pad and for the last coat used clear to give it more of a finished look.

I cant find clear in high temp. I did find the silver and red for the eyes in high temp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960