Paxton supercharged Gen III owners

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vortech and Paxton are the same company now. That being said, since they have a Paxton application, it makes no sense for them to also develop a Vortech applcation. ROI is not there when they have something that fits now.

Having had TT, centrifugal, roots and screw blower applications on many of my vehicles in the past, the screw was the only kit that I truly liked and was not finicky. Was really, really hoping to go that route with my Viper, because with a screw blower with it's characteristics, it is more like adding cubic inches as opposed to supercharging. Creates a very easy smooth curve but starts it way down low. It is a torque monster. Quite honestly, the screw blower set-up was made for a car like the Viper. Feels like it would have 650 cubic inches under the hood as opposed to an NOS style kick of TT or centrifugal which is more like pushing a button up top for extra go. I don't rev the hell out of my vehicles. I want them to pull tree stumps at 1000 rpm. For me to feel that kick down low is much more my driving style, but that is just me.

Still someone is missing the boat tremendously here by not producing a ZR1 style of kit for the GEN III Viper. But again, that is just my opinion too.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So as I said I emailed Sean and here's his reply ...

===========================================================================

I never went into full production on the Gen3 blower kits.

Had things gone a little different for me in my personal and business life, I may have, but I’ve moved on and an am much happier with what we’re doing on the TT setup for 03-06 anyway.

So much more efficient and the car lends itself to installing the system very well.

If I “refused” to sell one to someone, that’s just their terminology for me saying I didn’t have one available.

To build one would cost about $14K.

I had $40 ******* in time and materials building the first one.

I lost time and money on all the Gen3 SC work I did. Can’t afford to keep doing that.

Gen 2’s will be going back in production though, if I can get away from doing emails 6-7 hours a day.

Best regards,

Sean

Roe Racing

1587 Scottridge Lane

Jacksonville, FL 32259

Telephone #'s

(904) 230-5422

(904) 230-5423

Fax #

(866) 927-8981

Roe Racing Viper Performance Parts
==========================================================================

It seems that there were some misunderstandings as shown in this thread. Now everyone knows what's happening?

I think that Sean's Gen 3 TT kit was $13,000 installed? There's a thread on this site about his kit and a couple of happy customers. The Gen3 TS Blower is a bit more expensive because of all the research involved. I didn't ask if he is using the 2.8L because (Thank God) my Viper's Gen 2.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
belieave it or not jamies not the only one who touched 10's in a stock srt10 Viper..

he just happens to be the one of the few who have done it that post on car forums..
STILL WAITING for that list of OTHERS who have as you say touched 10s in a stock car.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted;

Then there is a disconnect. The majority of your e-mail posted is accurate to what I have been given to date including at one time, a proposed cost of $14K for a kit, EXCEPT the part that he would build a one off or sell the prototype, etc.. He wanted to sell the prototype at one time but that opportunity never presented itself.

In the end, it really doesn't matter because there is not one available to buy. I do wish Sean the best on the TT kit and if I was interested in a TT kit I would look there, but I am not. With all Sean has had to go through the past while, I am just hoping he will do well.

No need to follow up any longer. Believe me, I know it is expensive to do one off stuff so the dollars on R&D are very real and a cost to be dialed in. In the end, it s just too bad we did not have a mass production kit for the GEN III as I still feel there is a market there, but maybe I am just being selfish as I really just want one for myself.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ted;

Then there is a disconnect. The majority of your e-mail posted is accurate to what I have been given to date including at one time, a proposed cost of $14K for a kit, EXCEPT the part that he would build a one off or sell the prototype, etc.. He wanted to sell the prototype at one time but that opportunity never presented itself.

In the end, it really doesn't matter because there is not one available to buy. I do wish Sean the best on the TT kit and if I was interested in a TT kit I would look there, but I am not. With all Sean has had to go through the past while, I am just hoping he will do well.

No need to follow up any longer. Believe me, I know it is expensive to do one off stuff so the dollars on R&D are very real and a cost to be dialed in. In the end, it s just too bad we did not have a mass production kit for the GEN III as I still feel there is a market there, but maybe I am just being selfish as I really just want one for myself.

I cut and pasted the email I received from Sean this morning. I only sent him an email because you said my info was incorrect.

Ted