Paxton supercharged Gen III owners

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Search for the Roe TT thread as he has a few built and out there. Special price right now includes instal.

Sean does build a TS for the Gen 3 and he had it at VOI X. He doesn't stock them, but he does take orders and when he has enough orders he builds them. Call him and speak to him about it. The 2.8L blower fits under the hood and that size blower is nearly researched as well. My blower is a 2.4L and I plan to upgrade to the 2.8L this year. The 3.6L blower doesn't fit under the hood.

Ted

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted,

You are wrong. No Gen III Viper blower for car. Truck only. Been there, asked that. Been talking to the man himself for a very long time.

Not sure where you are getting your info from?

Rick

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saw Sean and his Roe Gen 3 at VOI X. Also emailed him and asked. He doesn't stock them. He needs several orders before he assembles the kits.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the OEM street tires, how useable is the power? Are you spinning 1st, 2nd, & possibly 3rd if you are flooring it?
At or over a true 550 to the tire any Vipers on stock tires is capable of running in the tens .Capable provided a world class driver is behind the wheel.VERY VERY FEW have the ability to drive a supercharged Gen3 ANYWHERE NEAR ITS POTENTIAL on stock tires.Do a search on this board and find out just how many people have run 10s making 550-600 to the tire on Pilots =ONE OR TWO.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps A stock Gen 4 makes almost what a heatsoaked Gen 3 stock Paxton Bolton makes(550 )to the tire .Out of ALL the Gen 4 EVER dragraced over the world ONE PERSON only has ever put one in the 10s on stock Pilots .The trap spped of around 130 indicates the car SHOULD EASILY make 10s HOOKING IT to do so is another story.

Skeeter Blanton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps A stock Gen 4 makes almost what a heatsoaked Gen 3 stock Paxton Bolton makes(550 )to the tire .Out of ALL the Gen 4 EVER dragraced over the world ONE PERSON only has ever put one in the 10s on stock Pilots .The trap spped of around 130 indicates the car SHOULD EASILY make 10s HOOKING IT to do so is another story.

Was that person Jamie Furman?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that person Jamie Furman?
Yes it was..REALISTICALLY speaking on stock tires there are only a few drivers in the country that have the ability to get the most out of 550-600 RWHP on PILOTS.People,say ,think they do BUT the numbers dont back them up as the ET NEVER EQUATE to what the trap speeds SAYS these cars should run =USELESS TIRE SPINNING.

jknappster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw Sean and his Roe Gen 3 at VOI X. Also emailed him and asked. He doesn't stock them. He needs several orders before he assembles the kits.

Ted

I have to side with Coloviper. I also contacted Roe's shop and he doesn't do a screw for a gen 3. I even asked to do a one off/custom screw but to no avail. :puppy:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it was..REALISTICALLY speaking on stock tires there are only a few drivers in the country that have the ability to get the most out of 550-600 RWHP on PILOTS.People,say ,think they do BUT the numbers dont back them up as the ET NEVER EQUATE to what the trap speeds SAYS these cars should run =USELESS TIRE SPINNING.

belieave it or not jamies not the only one who touched 10's in a stock srt10 Viper..

he just happens to be the one of the few who have done it that post on car forums..

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
belieave it or not jamies not the only one who touched 10's in a stock srt10 Viper..

he just happens to be the one of the few who have done it that post on car forums..
Who else that you know of has =NAMES.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine Ball,

Try rolling into the throttle, gradually going to full throttle with the Paxton car. I think you'll be surprised how much better the Paxton works.

You are correct on the roots type blower. Lot's of low end and mid range which can blow the tires off, usually not quite as much up high.

Thanks for the driving lesson, but I've owned/driven numerous cars at this power level. I do roll into the throttle, but I still find the centrifugal blower absolutely boring until 100+ mph when I do have traction and full throttle. I prefer the instant torque hit of a roots blower or (small) twin-turbos. Yes, those also have traction issues too, but at least I don't need 5,000+ rpm to enjoy the hit whenever I want. I don't mind tire spin, sometimes I enjoy it.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister,still WAITING for you to supply the names of those that have touched 10s on Pilots in a stock Gen 4

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the driving lesson, but I've owned/driven numerous cars at this power level. I do roll into the throttle, but I still find the centrifugal blower absolutely boring until 100+ mph when I do have traction and full throttle. I prefer the instant torque hit of a roots blower or (small) twin-turbos. Yes, those also have traction issues too, but at least I don't need 5,000+ rpm to enjoy the hit whenever I want. I don't mind tire spin, sometimes I enjoy it.

I agree, it was boring, so I sold it.... TT FTW.:D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why must you two always turn every thread into a ******* match and name-dropping contest?
Its not ******* match IF SOMEONE IS NOT STATING THE TRUTH.The TRUTH and the fact of the matter here (IN DIRECT ACCORDINANCE WITH THIS THREAD )is only a world class driver is able to fully harness the power of a Viper in the 550-600 rwhp range on stock Pilots. I never mentioned a specific name until i was asked a specific question.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He must get paid to do that.
I dont get paid to that BUT either do i want a guy to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a blower only to find out just how tough it is to hook the car up on stock tires.One guy a few months ago(listened to some on this forum) modded the Hell out of his Gen 3 (550 to the tire- he wanted 1000)and on Pilots could not break 11s because the car was all over the place.In his own words ,It was like driving on ice .

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like Sean Roe's silver SRT10 that he had at VOI X. I believe he drove it there?

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What kind of business is that..lol

So basically there is no roe SC for gen3 then.

Called backorder. I sent Sean an email. Last he wrote me he was busy doing the TT kits and nearly finished the tune and research needed for the 2.8L blower kit/upgrade.

Ted

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted your info is old or something. There is NO order back order or order of any kind beyond a GEN III truck set-up. I have a dozen e-mails from him and phone calls to the contrary over the past two years. He had high hopes for the Magnusson set-up, but it simply will not work and that is very recent. None of those early blowers were big enough and he has steered me (and I am sure others) away from a GEN III set-up. I too asked about a one off set-up, offered to buy the old VOIX set-up, etc. There is nothing available from there.

It is quite simple, Paxton is the only game in town or anywhere if you want to supercharge your GEN III Viper car. Not going to post private e-mails in the chain but heard that very response from the source as well. To say anything else is just confusing. I wish it were not the case as a screw blower is what I want, but may have to break down to get the Paxton as after waiting and waiting for two years, there is just not going to be another alternative. Not interested in a TT kit. Centrifugal Paxton with the headaches of a centrifugal look to be my fate.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe is not doing a SC for the GenIII. They're making TT kits. According to the Alley (SlowChevy), Roe just finished the second GenIII TT Viper:

"Roe Racing just finished the second Gen III car. it was a stock '06 Viper with 6,000 miles and our production Twin Turbo System with 4.5, 6 and 7.5 psi settings. 720 Rear Wheel Horespower on a stock car with 3.55 gears and 93 octane!"
You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30390&d=1272472170

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the paxton on my nsx..car went from 100 mph trapps to 113 mph trapps..But the power is boreing to say the leaste as anything under 5500 rpm's feelslike a stock car..

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called backorder.

BACKORDER ? thats been on backorder since 2004. thats the worst backorder ive ever heard of. Sean had guys waiting and drooling since the gen3 came out and then fell falt on his face with it. pissed a lot of guys off too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc