pedals

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am used to the pedal assembly being shifted to the left, but did Chrysler know that it would be shifted this far left when it was designed?

One thing is that your left foot is in a position to clutch at all times if you don't put it on the floor, however tiring.

Are there other race/track cars that have there pedals this far left?<FONT face="Lucida Console">Text</FONT f>

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oddly, I have no complaints about lack of dead pedalin my Vipers. My Pantera is the opposite, with pedals canted toward the center, due to the exteme cab-forward design of this mid-engined car; still no dead pedal. When I want to drive hard in either car, I am in a 5-point harness and don't need to brace with my left foot.
I believe you will find no dead pedal in any formula car. I think there is a large cant to the right in the Cobras and for that matter the C4 Corvette is not real big on footwell room.

Nevertheless, a dead pedal would be a plus and would have been available on the existing car if pedals had been more closely spaced. I never have been able to heel-and-toe my Vipers without adding a huge extension to the gas pedal so I can reach it while threshold braking. I'd love to shift the pedals to the right, so the space left over could be a dead pedal.

Finally, IMO, part of the "soul" of a supercar is that it is not too easy to drive. The challenge of overcoming eccentricities is a big part of the fun. I sure would not let a lack of dead pedal slow me down in purchasing. I had in fact never sat in a Viper until I paid for and took delivery of my '93 RT/10 and I have never regretted any of that car's foibles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala