Peeps with Vinyl stripes, do you have a clear bra?

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question for those of you with Vinyl stripes. Are you sporting a clear bra over your front bumper? The guy at the graphics shop suggested it to help protect the stripes, particularly on the front bumper from getting damaged due to rock chips...

Bat™

Viblur

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No bra, the vinyl takes a beating and keeps on sticking without nicking.. the vinyl has handled normal road wear just fine..

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if this will date me, but what the hell is a "peeps"? Is that slang for "people" (normal person) or is there some other personal/behavioral characteristic one must posses to be considered a "peep(s)"?

Can't answer the question till I know if I am a "peep(s)".

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had vinyl stripes on the 98 and no clear bra. Only had one small ding in the stripe the size of this * from a sub-sonic rock that probably would have placed a nice starburst on the windshield. From what i could tell visually, it did not mar the paint under the stripe, and was virtually invisible to the un-trained eye.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if this will date me, but what the hell is a "peeps"? Is that slang for "people" (normal person) or is there some other personal/behavioral characteristic one must posses to be considered a "peep(s)"?

Can't answer the question till I know if I am a "peep(s)".

peeps=people. Sorry if I confused some of you :smirk:

Bat™

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had vinyl stripes on the 98 and no clear bra. Only had one small ding in the stripe the size of this * from a sub-sonic rock that probably would have placed a nice starburst on the windshield. From what i could tell visually, it did not mar the paint under the stripe, and was virtually invisible to the un-trained eye.

Good to know. I guess I wont get the clear bra for now.

Bat™

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of the two, the clear bra is more important. I wanted the stripes but was told the Stripes and clear bra do not go together well so I elected to not do the stripes and just do the clear bra.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had vinyl stripes on both vipers, never had a problem, I've a couple of small nics and havent bothered replacing the materail as they are that noticeable

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am adding a Clear Bra over my painted on stripes to protect them and the rest of the front. If you decide to go the Clear Bra route watch the material you use... Most install shops are using 3M's plastic, known by several names in the market. I am speaking from personal experience on two different cars, by two different shops. I had an Audi and a local shop installed it, looked like crap. My wife bought a new Mercedes in May and the dealership had the 3M material installed after I had them guarantee my satisfaction in writing, it looked like a BAD case of Orange Peel paint on a $72,000 car, the installer told me it had to "work out", within 3 weeks the material had also split the dealer's installer told me it was rock damage and would not warranty the material or install, funny thing though I asked the dealer to take it off and refund my money in full and they did so the installer lost not only the cost of the material, good relations with the dealer, but also the time to install and remove it too, sometimes customer service $UCK$.

I am having a product called "ClearSheild" from a company named Bekaert installed tomorrow and will let you know how it turns out.. Here is the web site www.clearshield.com, this material looks just like clear coat paint smooth and transparent. Sorry for the length of this post, but be careful of the product.