Performance Transmission Crossmember and Mount

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Over the years, I have seen many issues related to driveline flex on the Dodge Viper. Broken engine and transmission mounts, problems related to chassis flex and hard shifting under power. DC Parts has just tested, qualified and released a new transmission crossmember and mount.

I recommend this upgrade to all my crossmember.

<u><font color="red">Advantages of New Crossmember and Mount:</font></u>

1. Billet Crossmember improves chassis rigidity
2. Special Formulated polyurethane transmission mount provides smooth operation on the daily driver, yet strong enough to handle extreme high performance requirements
3. Improved shifting
4. Reduced driveline movement
5. Proven on the Race Track
6. DC Parts 1 year/12,000 mile warranty

<font color="red">DC Parts Club Pricing: $144.00 plus tax</font>
<font color="red">Installed: $199.00</font>

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Dan Cragin-President
DC Performance Inc./DC Parts
3370 S Livonia Ave., Los Angeles CA 90034
310-841-6996 Tel
310-841-6496 Fax/Order

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes,
I do have Poly Engine mounts available. On Gen 1 and 2 I recommend changing both. On Gen 3 we just change one as doing both will distort the block.

Dan

... confused. If I have a Gen3, but I've already upgraded the transmission mount (available from Mopar) what else should I get?

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Confused 2!! Warp the block, ouch. Doug, are you saying that using the poly transition mount and poly motor mount will warp the block? You said change one, which one tranny or motor. I have both, I did not notice that much with only the tranny mounts but a huge difference with the motor mounts. My OE motor mounts were just about to go when I change to the poly.

This needs some thought, whats disorting, is it permanent or only under load? You can’t just throw a statement like that in without some explaination.

OP
OP
D

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When using a more rigid engine mount on the Gen 3 engines the torque load or twisting effect during a drag race type start pulls on the side of the block and can distort the cylinder that is next to the mount. We have seen this during engine teardowns, finding that one cylinder out of round. On the earlier engines this does not seem to be an issue. Many drag racers use "motor plates" to keep this from happening.

Normal driving should not cause this to happen.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is really interesting. I have seen that out of round condition on two different engine rebuilds and I was not using the poly engine mounts. So what does that mean, I don’t know what conclusion to draw from that. I drove my car extremely hard at the track so stress/strain is a common denominator but is it the motor mounts pulling on the block, if so it is stock mounts do it too. It could definitely be something else too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang