Phiebert's PartsRack exhaust

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Phiebert\'s PartsRack exhaust

Bryan, I'll tell you what I know of it but Jon is the right guy to ask...maybe when he recovers from the Earthquake up here he'll respond!

The exhaust is called the The Partsrack Twin-12 system. I think Jon is actually only refering to the new hi-flow muffler set up with that name. On my particular car I went with the Hi-flow bullet style cats to replace the stock ones. In addition I decided to test Jon's new muffler product called the Twin 12's. I guess the reason behind the name is that the muffler consists of an short inlet, then about a 12 inch square box, then about 3 inches of pipe, then another 12 inch square box and then the outlet. The piping is all still standard 2.5 inch diameter. It is amazingly hi-flow though (but you pay for that with serious volume). I lightly blew into one end before installing them and it was very easy to immediately feel the air come out the other end. I mean almost more so then if I had blown in a straight tube. It's very "Hi Flow".

The sound is great too if you don't mind it a bit loud. Jon suggested I throw the old cats back on if I want it a little quieter, but that will knock down a couple HP too.

I'll leave the price stuff up to Jon, I don't want to misquote him here. It's stainless steel I believe.

Unfortunately I didn't dyno before but plan to after. Not much help I know, but I will say I am pretty hard to please on the HP side and I must say I was overwhelmed at how much of a difference this made on my car anyway. The only other mod I had (besides Nitrous) was smooth tubes. But now with much less back pressure I think the smooth tube breathing can actually really shine. The car is very, very responsive (throttle response that is) and "feels" like it has an extra 50 horses. I guess I'll never know unless I someday put the old stock mufflers back on and dyno it that way...but that ain't going to happen...I ain't going back to corking the exhaust!

Feel free to ask me any other questions that I may be able to answer.