Photos of Carbon Fiber Work. Need Your Openion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that if this cowl ever makes it back I'll spray it white and send it to Dave!

Chuck, I have one with no clear at all on it that you would just love, even has some **** spilled on it that won't wipe off!
Steve, please please do not even remotely think about bending to this guy's blackmail attempt. You did what you could, end of story. I think he is trying to rip you off.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, please please do not even remotely think about bending to this guy's blackmail attempt. You did what you could, end of story. I think he is trying to rip you off.

Thanks Chris,

Don't worry, I will not cave!

I think he was just trying to rip me off as well. That is why he pulled this stunt and wanted the money first and tried to use his post as a weapon:bonker:

I was born at night, just not last night!

OP
OP
B

BlackViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the website picture is plenty close to show enough detail to see the quality is not even comparable to the one sent. I can stand 10 feet away and the surface doesn't look smooth.

That being said no one tried to screw anyone out of shipping. I'd like to know 1 person that when you ask for a price and you say $500 all in--my paypal address is XXXXXXXXX and then later you say it's $500 + 50 for shipping, who would not be confused about that? And as I said I heard you had a great rep so that is why I said I'm not going to argue about the shipping price I'd just pay it. But whatever if you think the quality shown in these pictures are going to attract business then great because I can guarantee it will sell you less cowls and probably carbon fiber work in general. Sell all you want to Chuck. Chuck doesn't know it but he did all the work on my car in Pennsylvania if Chuck is the same Chuck at Tator Dodge. Never once had a problem with him and think he's got a great shop. That being said, your quality of product is horrendous. I can't believe he would stand up for you when it comes to this work presented.

I'm not saying that giving back the money before receiving the cowl wouldn't be unusual but given the circumstances -- you knowing that I'm upset and wouldn't purchase from you again anyways -- I'm not about to send you the cowl without you giving some sort of payment back to me.

I've seen these carbon fiber cowls up close and in person before, they are similar quality to the hoods on civics or engine compartments on Ferraris.

Whatever, like I said I'll make it work. It'll cost my probably over $500 in work because I'll have to take a day off but whatever I'll just make sure people know the work you do. Won't even give my opinion, I'll let them make there own based on the pics and give a location of who makes it. FREE ADVERTISEMENT how can you beat that!

Lastly, as I said Chuck, you did all my work---so before you start calling people "posers" know who your talking to.

OP
OP
B

BlackViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And since you like posting posts--- here is the very first post I received from him after asking how much he would like for the cowl.

Quote:
Can ship for $500 all in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackViperGTS
Hey buddy. How much are you asking for with shipping to Thornton, Colorado 80602 on the Carbon Fiber Cowls?

~BlackViperGTS

OP
OP
B

BlackViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who is NOT confused by that statement is an idiot. And this is the reason I want a refund before I send it back because, as you can see the price already changed once---he is not likely to reimburse the shipping as he claims he will now.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lastly, as I said Chuck, you did all my work---so before you start calling people "posers" know who your talking to.

I believe you are referring to the wrong Chuck.

That being, I volunteer to mediate. Send the money to my paypal and the part to my address and I'll make sure that it all gets worked out in the end. You can trust me I have more than 20 posts :)

When will someone make a CF guard to protect the front lip of my fascia, if I only had the time to do some vacuum bagging.

Chris

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you are referring to the wrong Chuck.

That being, I volunteer to mediate. Send the money to my paypal and the part to my address and I'll make sure that it all gets worked out in the end. You can trust me I have more than 20 posts :)

When will someone make a CF guard to protect the front lip of my fascia, if I only had the time to do some vacuum bagging.

Chris

CHris,

Are you looking for a "racer" version or "poser" version :hul:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the website picture is plenty close to show enough detail to see the quality is not even comparable to the one sent. I can stand 10 feet away and the surface doesn't look smooth.

That being said no one tried to screw anyone out of shipping. I'd like to know 1 person that when you ask for a price and you say $500 all in--my paypal address is XXXXXXXXX and then later you say it's $500 + 50 for shipping, who would not be confused about that? And as I said I heard you had a great rep so that is why I said I'm not going to argue about the shipping price I'd just pay it. But whatever if you think the quality shown in these pictures are going to attract business then great because I can guarantee it will sell you less cowls and probably carbon fiber work in general. Sell all you want to Chuck. Chuck doesn't know it but he did all the work on my car in Pennsylvania if Chuck is the same Chuck at Tator Dodge. Never once had a problem with him and think he's got a great shop. That being said, your quality of product is horrendous. I can't believe he would stand up for you when it comes to this work presented.

I'm not saying that giving back the money before receiving the cowl wouldn't be unusual but given the circumstances -- you knowing that I'm upset and wouldn't purchase from you again anyways -- I'm not about to send you the cowl without you giving some sort of payment back to me.

I've seen these carbon fiber cowls up close and in person before, they are similar quality to the hoods on civics or engine compartments on Ferraris.

Whatever, like I said I'll make it work. It'll cost my probably over $500 in work because I'll have to take a day off but whatever I'll just make sure people know the work you do. Won't even give my opinion, I'll let them make there own based on the pics and give a location of who makes it. FREE ADVERTISEMENT how can you beat that!

He's not Chuck Tator, nowhere close to as nice.:lmao:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll say what no one wants to, if I get in trouble, then I apologize to the moderators.

BlackViperGTS, GO FIND ME ONE BUSINESS ON EBAY OR ANYWHERE ELSE THAT WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY BEFORE YOU SEND BACK THE ITEM. Seriously, you need to shut the fuq up and stop acting like a little child. THE GUY OFFERED TO PAY YOU BACK PLUS SHIPPING, SEND HIM THE PART AND STOP ACTING LIKE A SPOILED LITTLE GIRL. Seriously, it's people like you that are always trying to get a quick something out of nothing. Stop being a little ***** and just send the part back. You sent the money through paypal right? Well, THEN IT'S PROTECTED DIP$HIT...if he doesn't refund your money, complain to paypal. Either way your covered. I don't even know who this guy is and I haven't been a Viper owner for that long, BUT, even I have heard about this guy and how good a person he is to deal with on the business side of things. Grow up child, your not in high school anymore.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlackviperGTS, send the part back, GTS-R 001 is being way nicer than I would. After this headache I would have charged you a 20 % restocking fee. I have always hated how real carbon fiber pieces look, but thats the nature of the beast. Its seems only the fake stuff look good. GTS-R 001 has been very nice and willing to make it right. GTS-R 001 has always been standup. Also for future purchases, can I suggest you buy your stuff from Hennessy( Sorry, I had too.)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on all the BS responses you've given so far, it's obvious you actually want to keep the parts because you actually like them. In your mind you feel you should get your money back as well so you can have someone make them glossy like your CIVIC hood. I think that sums it up, close this lame thread.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in on a professional level about the carbon parts pictured and most of the stuff that is available to the "street" car buyer. First off the parts pictured by their appearance are not junk. That is typically what a properly cured and molded carbon piece will look like if is it laid with pre preg carbon and cured correctly. All of the Glassy carbon fiber pieces you see have been made with with other components such as the before mentioned clear coats or gel coats added as a first step or as an after treatment. Pre preg carbon gives the best strength to weight ratio of a given carbon part, "Extra" Resin or glossy clearcoats actually make a part not as effective from standpoint of it's pupose. An entire Indy car chassis has the same look as the parts pictured when delivered. Carbon fiber in it use was not designed as an asthetic look in it's raw form. The bare carbon pieces that we see on cars and products is a bastardized version of it's form. Many of the parts available (some, not all ,but you have to be careful) Use one or two layers of carbon (I have also seen Black fiberglass used, but has a very smal square pattern called plain weave instead of the big diagonal "twill" effect we like to see) then several layers of fiberglass with black dye in it. The worst part of these products is that they use Polyester resin instead of epoxy, It is only for decoration and does not posess the lightweight and strength properties of carbon fiber, What you have bought is essentially a glorified Fiberglasss part, usually this stuff is mostly prominent in the Import car world, those guys are buying "Carbon fiber " hodds and all they are getting is a fiberglass hood with one layer of carbon for decoration. If you want the best carbon fiber Strength to Weight product you want the ones like is pictured at the beginning of this thread, Pre Preg with the proper amount of resin determined. 9 times out of 10 though the average street car buyer is buying for the look and not for the actual qualities that a carbon fiber part can provide so the additives to get there are used to get that pretty look. There are lots of ways to produce a carbon part from hand lay ups and room tempurature cures and low buck wet resins, all the way to pre preg auto-clave components. I have been working with the stuff for 10yrs in the racing industry.

Good stuff.. just to mention is that in an autoclave, the material is compressed (bagged) in a vacuum during the cure which promotes less strain than a loose material wet lay-up. I guess an analogy would be if you take a rope and loosely impregnate it with epoxy compared to a rope that was pulled under tension and cured it, the latter would be would be tighter. There are aftermarket companies who do use fiberglass then a layer of carbon on top to cheat. There are aftermarket companies who do a wet lay-up which lacks strain / strength properties. Fibreglass can be used with carbon as well as kevlar. Carbon fibre promotes galvanic corrosion if attached to aluminum or if aluminum fasteners are used, in which case a thin layer of fibreglass is needed on top of the carbon fibre material. There are all sorts of issues with carbon fibre that many aren't aware of (i.e. electrical transmissions / communications). The race car world is terrible regarding surface finish compared to OEM, because all they care about is function. This is typically why you don't see carbon fibre in the OEM industry, let alone you can punch a fender out of steel in 20 times quicker than forming a carbon fibre panel without post paint prep. Yet.. there is technology and method to quickly cure a carbon fibre panel in a mold which reduces a significant amount of time. Like I said before.. you can get a decent finish from carbon fibre, but it needs to be uni-directional for a painted quality surface and to sort out any potential read thru issues of bonded parts under the panel surface and which can occur over time. A weave is not a uniform surface, the only way to get a smooth surface is by building up some clearcoat and then sanding it. Wet lay-ups typically have a yellowish tint. Warp is an issue with cheap wet lay-ups. Pre preg in an auto clave is formed under a vacuum and then cured which reduces warpage. Experts such as those at work with can lay up multiple layers to reduce warpage during cure. This conversation can also spin off to what type of material is used for the mold. I'm babbling.. that's enough.

PS.. for Viper race history trivia.. my workplace also made all of the Gen2 GTSR Viper race carbon fibre bodies (i.e. and for Oreca). Check out what parts are in the autoclave in the first page of this link.. and see page 5 also..

http://www.multimatic.com/pdf/multimatic_composites.pdf

Last edited:

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHris,

Are you looking for a "racer" version or "poser" version :hul:

doesn't have to look pretty just want something that will keep the paint on the lip when I drag it across the asphalt and my driveway. Would be nice to have a slip fit lip or trim covering the fascia lip around the ends. I have right at 3.5 inches clearance after eibachs and when I get my 4th and final iforged plan to add some of your caps so I need a sacrificial chin. Oh and naturally Id want the part prior to payment :)

Hell I mailed a 1k check out for my wheel on April 20th and am patiently waiting, trust goes a long way on this board? Yah I'm Hijacking this B.

You must be registered for see images attach

Test Run

You must be registered for see images attach

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thats right we are all laughing.... AT YOU!!

You asked for peoples opinions and I think you got some very good expert opinions and all you do is ***** and demand absurd ****. Go to AUTOZONE for parts next time you might get the CRAP your looking for.

POSER :lmao::lmao:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good stuff.. just to mention is that in an autoclave, the material is compressed (bagged) in a vacuum during the cure which promotes less strain than a loose material wet lay-up. I guess an analogy would be if you take a rope and loosely impregnate it with epoxy compared to a rope that was pulled under tension and cured it, the latter would be would be tighter. There are aftermarket companies who do use fiberglass then a layer of carbon on top to cheat. There are aftermarket companies who do a wet lay-up which lacks strain / strength properties. Fibreglass can be used with carbon as well as kevlar. Carbon fibre promotes galvanic corrosion if attached to aluminum or if aluminum fasteners are used, in which case a thin layer of fibreglass is needed on top of the carbon fibre material. There are all sorts of issues with carbon fibre that many aren't aware of (i.e. electrical transmissions / communications). The race car world is terrible regarding surface finish compared to OEM, because all they care about is function. This is typically why you don't see carbon fibre in the OEM industry, let alone you can punch a fender out of steel in 20 times quicker than forming a carbon fibre panel without post paint prep. Yet.. there is technology and method to quickly cure a carbon fibre panel in a mold which reduces a significant amount of time. Like I said before.. you can get a decent finish from carbon fibre, but it needs to be uni-directional for a painted quality surface and to sort out any potential read thru issues of bonded parts under the panel surface and which can occur over time. A weave is not a uniform surface, the only way to get a smooth surface is by building up some clearcoat and then sanding it. Wet lay-ups typically have a yellowish tint. Warp is an issue with cheap wet lay-ups. Pre preg in an auto clave is formed under a vacuum and then cured which reduces warpage. Experts such as those at work with can lay up multiple layers to reduce warpage during cure. This conversation can also spin off to what type of material is used for the mold. I'm babbling.. that's enough.

PS.. for Viper race history trivia.. my workplace also made all of the Gen2 GTSR Viper race carbon fibre bodies (i.e. and for Oreca). Check out what parts are in the autoclave in the first page of this link.. and see page 5 also..

http://www.multimatic.com/pdf/multimatic_composites.pdf
We got the first advertisement...thanks.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
BlackViperGTS,

As someone who is completely emotionally unattached to this thread - I know neither of you - you are coming across as a HUGE bag of ******.

GTS-R 001 has been here for years. He WILL NOT rip you off for $500 when so much of his business is generated from this board.

You, on the other hand, clearly feel as if you were ripped-off, even though he's offering you a full refund including shipping, and you still stated outright you were willing to take a $500 loss and a day off work just so you could drag his name through the mud. You seem like a very petty human being, and far more likely to rip-off GTS-R 001 than he would be to rip you off.

Send the parts back. Get your money back. Everyone is relatively happy. Or, as several members have offered, use one of them as a middleman.

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99VPRGTS Well said!!!

"know who your talking to"..... LMAO since you clearly do not know who you are talking to!

Camfab - Also agree with what you are saying.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send the part back and you'll get your money back.
You have a reputable vendor here for god's sake!

Anything else what you demand is borderline ********. (and that is from business point of view)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 posts, and you are hammering the fact that you do not like a product. Send it back get a refund, and live life. If you buy something at a store and dont like it, you take it back then get a refund. thats how business works, and you are no exception.......my advice. Send the parts back for a refund, or shut the F**K up, you sound like a whiny *****.:)

Unreasonable? I think not. The product is some of the worst work I've ever seen. And he offers a full refund which is NOT unheard of when the product does not some as described or as it looks in the add presented. He can either refund my money and I'll ship him back the cowl, or I'll just post pictures of his work on every car website I know and let people judge for themselves whether or not they want to use Vipair for carbon fiber work. In carbon fiber, the materials are nearly nothing when it comes to cost--it's all workmanship. It's why people recommend others for carbon fiber work. Word of mouth is the only way carbon fiber people get business. If you'd like to see pictures of what he claims is the same work then here you go.

Carbon Fiber Cowl

It looks NOTHING like the cowl I got NOTHING. I'm not about to send back the cowl so he has my money AND the cowl. I can make this one work if I have to with many hours of sanding and clear coating---but if I have to I will drag his name through the mud as you say.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone say these parts are available in white? :dunno:

Anyway, just poking fun back. But on a serious technical note having now read this entire thread, I think what you need to fix your cowl is carbon fiber Bondo. Be sure to sand it with carbon fiber sandpaper, and also use carbon fiber primer and carbon fiber paint. I'd also replace the screws with carbon fiber screws, and while the wiper arms are off get them in carbon fiber too. They can be a little rough on the windshield glass so I'd highly recommend a carbon fiber windshie......

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am amazed at the whine over this. Sounds like hen pecking to me. Return it and get your money back. End of story. Quit the bad mouthing.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are expecting him to send you the money back and let you have the cowl in hand?!? That is obsurd.

Ill take the rath for this next comment if I must... You are an idiot. You are going to try to bash a business and an outstanding reputation when you have been offered the same refund policy of any company in this great country. You need some sense knocked into you. :nono:

:usa:

+1. It must really **** trying to run a business and dealing with idiots like this.

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are expecting him to send you the money back and let you have the cowl in hand?!? That is obsurd.

Ill take the rath for this next comment if I must... You are an idiot. You are going to try to bash a business and an outstanding reputation when you have been offered the same refund policy of any company in this great country. You need some sense knocked into you. :nono:

:usa:

perfectly said!!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if its ok with everyone, i am going to take the suggestion of one of our members and close this thread. i am sure you will all agree that this thread is going nowhere and can only get uglier than it already is.

thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.