Photos of the new 19" Purners on an RT/10

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Photos of the new 19\" Purners on an RT/10

Purchased a new set of Purner 19" wheels. Since they are now 2" bigger than the stock wheels I had on before, is my car technically 1 inch taller, meaning I have a bit more clearance when driving around?

Here are some photos -- love it or hate it:

You must be registered for see images

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Photos of the new 19

Man those look AWESOME!!! Good pick up!

What was the walkout price on those?

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The wheels are 2 inches bigger but are the tires really 2" bigger in diameter? The wheel well gap looks the same as stock.

Nice looking wheels.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man you hit a pothole with one of them boys and.......instant dented wheel! Not too much rubber between you and the road!

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought mine from West Coast Viper. Wheels and tires are going to run you just above $5K all said and done.

Side by side with my other RT/10, this one looks taller now, and there is more clearance under the front of the car than my other car (it was lowered though), but it just looks like I have more room now.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Photos of the new 19\" Purners on an RT/10

By the way, even though these are nice, for some reason I still like my old stock wheel look better (in the photo below) but the 19" size really pushes these over the top. If I could get some stokc chromed wheels in 19" sizes, I would be in heaven. Here is a photo of the car with the stock wheels and one with the new wheels. Which do you prefer, and why?

5584.jpg

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I prefer the new wheels...One reason....I looove lips :D

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take out the little bumps between the spokes of the OEM wheels and I'd like them. The Purners are cleaner.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score

do some eridaspeeds or something and they will set the new wheels off even more

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California

Purchased a new set of Purner 19" wheels. Since they are now 2" bigger than the stock wheels I had on before, is my car technically 1 inch taller, meaning I have a bit more clearance when driving around?

Here are some photos -- love it or hate it:

Superbar, beautiful. My set is waiting for me at the shop, hope to have them on week after next. Btw, did you buy that car from Marv and Nathan Rose? if so I saw it at their shop in August before Nathan brought it to you. Radical ride, especially with the 19's. John

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, that is the car. Was just dyno'd with only 502 RWHP (if you remember the ad, it was way more than that, quoted.). I didn't get what I was told I was getting unfortunately. Car looks good though, at least to me.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Good? She looks like butter!

What do you use on your stock rims to get them to shine like that? I have been using McGuires(sp) but they are a deeper shade of soul compared to yours.

I'd go with the Purners. The 19's really capture the wheel well.

Only 502RWHP? What were you expecting if you don't mind me asking....

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WHeels are brand new, so I haven't had to clean them yet :)

Powerwise, the previous owner dyno'd 525RWHP (at a higher elevation I assume, since I am at sea level.) So I was hoping for a few extra horsies. Came in at 502 and I was dissappointed. Lots of guys putting headers, filer and exhaust that are pulling 450RWHP, and my engine is supposed to be some pricey SVS deal. It's kind of a mess. Marv represented the car in what I believe he believed to be true, but that was different than what the owner was saying which is different than what SVS mentioned.

With all the other mods on the car, I feel OK about the buy. Still would have been nice to have gobs more power :)

I track the car as well as drive it around the streets.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny,

Whatever happened to the one that got kissed by the Suburban. Was it a write off?

alexWS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man you hit a pothole with one of them boys and.......instant dented wheel! Not too much rubber between you and the road!

dont be so sure....these wheels are stronger than a lot of the pricy big name 3 piece wheels. I have hit some very rough spots with mine and they still look mint.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

superbar - nice job. i agree with you that the style of the 17" is more appealing, but those 19's really catch your eye...fill the wheel wells a lot nicer.

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California

By the way, even though these are nice, for some reason I still like my old stock wheel look better (in the photo below) but the 19" size really pushes these over the top. If I could get some stokc chromed wheels in 19" sizes, I would be in heaven. Here is a photo of the car with the stock wheels and one with the new wheels. Which do you prefer, and why?

Manny, I prefer the polished (over chrome) and the finer lines of the Purner rims, although I do like the 5 star rims too, just prefer the Purners.
BTW, how is the ride quality compared to the stock. I have been told by 2 people that the ride quality actully improved because the run out on the Purners is so much truer than the stock rims and they just roll better because of it.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny, can you shoot me there number for the combo??Hey bro, are you greek??